Thread: Colour Sampler + Colour Samples Pod (sort of) Problems

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Colour Sampler + Colour Samples Pod (sort of) Problems

This is obscure.

My colour sampler (Alt + Click) stopped working yesterday afternoon.

Thinking back afterwards, I realised that I had been experimenting with the Colour Samples features (where we keep a storage chest of colour samples) and it was after this that the colour sampler (where we pick colours from the canvas) had stopped working.

This morning I tried again. The colour sampler worked, but then when I used the Colour Samples pod the colour sampler again stopped functioning.

I restarted ArtRage and everything worked perfectly. I couldn't reproduce the condition. Colour Samples and Colour Sampler worked in perfect harmony.

I offer this up for what it's worth.

Oh, I'll just check if 5.0.2 is available yet.

Keep smiling ...

Pat

This is getting more confusing ...

If the Colour Sampler (Alt Click) stops working and I reset the 'Expand Area' setting on the Colour Sampler to zero the Sampler works again ...

... but I can't reproduce it consistently ...

I give up

Could you explain what you mean when you say you used the Colour Samples pod? I'd just like to get a better understanding of the process you were following as I've not been able to make this happen so far.

Thanks, Matt.

This is tricky because the expressions I am using, Colour Samples and Colour Sampler, are so similar.

The colour sampler is where I chose a colour from the image by using Alt - Click

The colour samples (pod?) is the window labelled 'Samples' where we keep colour samples for future use.

As for not being able to reproduce it - neither can I!

I suspect that the conflict is in either the new colour sampler or the Samples area.

Has the 'Samples' area had new code? If not, it would make me think something is happening in the new colour sampler code.

As soon as I can see something specific I will note it and let you know ... meanwhile I am enjoying 5 very much.

Sorry for being so vague, Pat

Just downloaded 5.0.3 and a problem I was having with the colour sampler at the bottom of a canvas taller than wide is working ...

... well done ...

Pat