Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to tear off panels without a mouse?

How to tear off panels without a mouse?

Hi guys, how can I tear off color picker and tool picker without using a mouse? I could do it in ArtRage4 with a pen, but in 5 there is no pop up menu. how do you do it?

Hello SkyDance,
    If you Right Click in the corner of those panels you should get a pop-up
    menu that lets you.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-02-19 at 17.59.36.png
Views: 217
Size:  116.9 KB
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

The problem is I can't 'Right click", I use ArtRage on surface pro, I don't use a mouse or a keyboard I use a pen, and with ArtRage 4.5 I could do it with a pen, in ArtRage 5 there's no pop up menu when using a pen. It's very inconvenient for me to use ArtRage 5 without tearing off the panels. Is there any way to do it on tablet?

Ah, I see... Or rather I don't!
    Not sure I can help you there. I use a Wacom which lets you but I'm not at all familiar with the Surface Pro I'm afraid
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

markw thank you anyway!
    I hope somebody knows how to do it

ArtRage 4.5's menus opened with a right click as well, so it shouldn't be any different now.

- does your stylus have any buttons on it? Most people have a right click option on their stylus by default, if it has buttons.
    - does long pressing on the screen let you right click? (inside or outside the program)

HannahRage my "right click" option is by long pressing on the screen, it works everywhere on my Surface outside ArtRage5. It also works in ArtRage 4.5 on the corner of color picker or tools picker and gives me a menu with options to tear it off the edge or scale it etc. In ArtRage 5 long pressing on it doesn't work

Ok, important question: does long pressing on *anything else* in ArtRage 5 work? You might just have a settings issue disabling right click.

If nothing works, go to Edit > ArtRage Preferences > INput Device.

See if 'disable right click helpers' is ticked. If it is, untick it. If it isn't, the problem is probably one of the other options, but let me know what is active first.

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Ok, important question: does long pressing on *anything else* in ArtRage 5 work? You might just have a settings issue disabling right click.
    If nothing works, go to Edit > ArtRage Preferences > INput Device.

See if 'disable right click helpers' is ticked. If it is, untick it. If it isn't, the problem is probably one of the other options, but let me know what is active first.
    no, it doesn't work on anything else in ArtRage5
    it's unticked

Right, work your way through the steps here then (it's probably your Input Device settings)
    https://www.artrage.com/faqs/tablet-...es-on-windows/