Thread: water dreams in flight

water dreams in flight

well this work and title were part of a dream last night, cryptic and mysterious in nature but felt like
    fun. I don't expect anyone to "see" anything here but just enjoy the play of color, shapes and brushwork
    for what it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	waterdreams in flight.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	525.7 KB 
ID:	92254  

Electrical painting i like this
    Visit my website here

Quote Originally Posted by sabena View Post
    Electrical painting i like this
    Ana so glad you got a charge out of this!..

Wow, must have been some dream!! And in technicolor, too!

I confess that me too, sometimes, dream of some lush landscape with somehow shining and almost supernaturally vivid colors within marvellous compositions when I'm about to wake up and then, for a a short time, once I'm awake.
    Here I can appreciate the outcome of those magic moments when You just have to try to keep that vision in mind and transpose it, as close as possible to what You see in Your mind, on a canvas ...
    I dare to say also that this seem to possibly be Your most natural and inner palette, maybe, so there's a sort of psychological insight on You and what we see here is certainly a "beautiful mind" and a very nice person indeed!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by marcialsj View Post
    Wow, must have been some dream!! And in technicolor, too!
    Oh yes it was! thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I confess that me too, sometimes, dream of some lush landscape with somehow shining and almost supernaturally vivid colors within marvellous compositions when I'm about to wake up and then, for a a short time, once I'm awake.
    Here I can appreciate the outcome of those magic moments when You just have to try to keep that vision in mind and transpose it, as close as possible to what You see in Your mind, on a canvas ...
    I dare to say also that this seem to possibly be Your most natural and inner palette, maybe, so there's a sort of psychological insight on You and what we see here is certainly a "beautiful mind" and a very nice person indeed!
    Wow Caesar you have revealed my secret!. In that few moments between deep sleep that those few magic moments I frequently see images, paintings, and details flicker by almost like a movie. I used to get frustrated in that I could not seem to capture them later in the studio, but over the years I learned that I could on occasion induce that state while working on a piece. After some 20 years of working digitally I have developed my technical skills to the point I just fly through a variety without thought reacting to what is developing in front of me, which is what happened in this piece. As you say I also realized that these images were deeply personal and revealing to a degree, but I decided that maybe that would strike deeply in our commonality and find acceptance. It took me quite a long time before I felt comfortable in sharing my work and this forum and friends like you have helped me out of my reclusive shell. It is wonderful to know and get confirmation from you that those "magic moments" happen to a lot of us..

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Oh yes it was! thanks!

Wow Caesar you have revealed my secret!. In that few moments between deep sleep that those few magic moments I frequently see images, paintings, and details flicker by almost like a movie. I used to get frustrated in that I could not seem to capture them later in the studio, but over the years I learned that I could on occasion induce that state while working on a piece. After some 20 years of working digitally I have developed my technical skills to the point I just fly through a variety without thought reacting to what is developing in front of me, which is what happened in this piece. As you say I also realized that these images were deeply personal and revealing to a degree, but I decided that maybe that would strike deeply in our commonality and find acceptance. It took me quite a long time before I felt comfortable in sharing my work and this forum and friends like you have helped me out of my reclusive shell. It is wonderful to know and get confirmation from you that those "magic moments" happen to a lot of us..
    Yeah, but the main difference between an artist like You and a visual jester like me is that I never found a way to transpose those magic moments in artpieces .... LOL hope I'll have a better chance when I'll be retired.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Effervescent.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Effervescent.

ah and so refreshing!... the perfect word to describe this work...