Thread: AR5: crashes with liquify tool and pick color not responding

AR5: crashes with liquify tool and pick color not responding

Hello,

build 5.0.1 here:

- Liquify tool causes frequently the program to crash while using it. Second thing is it normal that you can undo only once while using it? Why is that?

- The pick color tool frequently stops working and doesn't pick the color being stuck to the last one picked...

Thank you

Cheers
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Regarding the Color Picker Tool - Are there any specific settings you are using when it stops working? For example, if you have it set with 'Current Layer Only' on and there is no paint on the current layer the color will not update when you click, so that may be causing the problem.

We're looking in to the Warp tool at the moment to see if we can see anything but could you let us know if there are any settings you find will cause the problem? There is only one level of undo available directly in the warp tool at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    is it normal that you can undo only once while using it? Why is that?

It's normal, but if you toggle on the 'Eraser', you can undo any warped areas of paint.

Can you send us an example PTG file that's crashing for you, with a screenshot or preset of the Warp settings included? ( [email protected])

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    Regarding the Color Picker Tool - Are there any specific settings you are using when it stops working? For example, if you have it set with 'Current Layer Only' on and there is no paint on the current layer the color will not update when you click, so that may be causing the problem.

We're looking in to the Warp tool at the moment to see if we can see anything but could you let us know if there are any settings you find will cause the problem? There is only one level of undo available directly in the warp tool at this time.
    Hello Matt,

Color Picker: Current Layer Only' was un-thicked, unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce the issue. Next time it happens I'll try to understand the behaviour and what possibly could have caused it.

Warp tool: size is variable according to what I have to do, all other settings are at 50% except "pinch" and "swirl" which are both set to zero. This evening I was able to replicate the crash: I selected an area with the selection tool then I warped various points with several undos, then I exited the warp tool and It crashed . Windows also gave a memory error (btw I have 16MB...). I will send an e-mail to Hannah to help you debug the problem. I also noticed that when the program tries to recover the work all panels are back to default, is this wanted? If yes why? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    It's normal, but if you toggle on the 'Eraser', you can undo any warped areas of paint.

Can you send us an example PTG file that's crashing for you, with a screenshot or preset of the Warp settings included? ( [email protected])
    Hello Hannah, I will send you an email with a link where to download the file (it's obviously huge and I cannot attach it to gmail) Ciao
    Last edited by AndreaMG; 02-15-2017 at 09:26 AM.

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Re. the Warp crash: Dave has been digging in to this one and came up with something that I think might relate to it. Is the crash happening when you hit Escape or Enter while the Warp panel is hidden during processing of a stroke? For example, if you paint a warp stroke and your stroke intersects with the panel, the panel vanishes. If that happens and you hit Escape before it reappears, you'll get a crash. We've fixed this internally but I wanted to see if that sounded like what was happening to you?

No, it's not, I only painted withe the warp tool, did some undo and then confirmed the modification before the crash occurred...