Thread: Screen Real Estate AR5

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Screen Real Estate AR5

Trying to free up screen real estate with AR5.

How do I :

1. Resize and Shrink panels generally

2. Collapse the list of groups in the Presets Panel (really only want to see the brushes in the group active on my screen).

3. Change width of the Presets Panel (or column widths) - mostly wasted space

4. Reduce Font size or size generally of each listed selection (e.g. each listed brush in the Presets Panel is mostly empty space both vertically and horizontally).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CaptureAR5Presets.JPG 
Views:	196 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	92167
    Last edited by DarkOwnt; 02-10-2017 at 01:23 AM.

If you're trying to minimise screen estate, the docking interface is best for that. Go to View > Interface > Docking Mode* to try it out (e.g. it will collapse the presets into a single column when docked) (Classic mode is mainly aimed at being accessible, rather than highly customisable, and a lot of users weren't aware that there were Preset groups, much less used them).

Panel & font size is based on your monitor resolution settings currently, but once we're sure that's stable, we can investigate whether we can add a bit more customisation back in.

*Though as you've found Lights Out, you might have tried it already

Thank you so much for your quick response!

Yes, I found Lights Out mode... love it.

Follow up:

1. IF I have a classic mode panel open when I switch to docking mode, I can then dock it. Once IN docking mode, "classic mode panels" are greyed out in the view menu. After I am in docking mode how do I get a classic mode panel on the screen to dock it?

Yes, the presets panel is MUCH better docked.

Name:	CaptureAR5PresetsDocked.JPG 
Views:	179 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	92169

You mentioned the possibility of putting customization back in. I certainly support such a thing... particularly if it allows users to expand or enlarge (for eyesight or 4K monitors) or to shrink and condense, panels and their contents, suitable to the user's style and preferences.

The Classic Mode Panels menu item covers the Pods and corner roundel panels (tool and colour picker) that exist only in Classic mode.

All of the actual panels that the pods generate are available via the View menu or the buttons on your menu bar in Docked mode so you can still open them. If you want to dock a panel such as Stencils that is available on the menu as a popup, there's a 'tear off' button on the titlebar of the popup panel that can be used to turn it in to a floating panel, that can then be dragged to the dock bar.

The corner tool picker and corner colour picker aren't available in docked mode but there are rectangular equivalents that you can access via the View menu (or the menu bar buttons again) that can also be dragged to the dock bar.

Regarding resizing - I know this probably isn't what you're asking for but I thought I'd add it just in case: The bottom bar of a panel of resources (such as presets, stencils etc.) can be dragged up and down to change the height of the window if you want to adjust the vertical size of the panel.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOwnt View Post
    1. IF I have a classic mode panel open when I switch to docking mode, I can then dock it. Once IN docking mode, "classic mode panels" are greyed out in the view menu. After I am in docking mode how do I get a classic mode panel on the screen to dock it?
    Ignore the View > Class Mode bit and keep going down the View menu for general panels, or click the icons along the menu bar.To pop them out and dock them, click the little arrow in the right hand corner.

Name:	dock panel.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	92173

Thanks for all the help!

All said and done, I have been looking at getting a larger monitor with greater than 1920x1200 resolution...

Last question... in docking mode is there a way to hide everything (like we used to be able to with the "return" key in classic mode?) including all the docked areas to the left and the right?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOwnt View Post

Last question... in docking mode is there a way to hide everything (like we used to be able to with the "return" key in classic mode?) including all the docked areas to the left and the right?
    Press 'tab'