Thread: ArtRage 5 - Is there a way to....

1. ArtRage 5 - Is there a way to....

Is there a way to pick up underlying colors from the layer below the one I'm working on, or is this only possible if I merge the two layers together? I'd really like to be able to blend the colors of multiple layers together without having to merge them. That way if some blending goes wrong and I'm too far into it where the "undo" function is no longer helpful, I can just delete or erase the area without affecting other layers. Know what I mean?

Also, when trying to create custom blenders in "Brush Designer", there's no way to test them in the little testing window on the left, because they're blenders and don't necessarily lay down any color to test them on.

And, when I select a brush size for a blender for example, go to select a different one and then go back to the previous one, the custom size is not saved. It goes back to the default brush size. That's kind of annoying, because I have to remember what size it was before I clicked out of it.

There currently isn't a way to blend across layers, but we can stick that in the suggetion box.

To test blenders, add some paint by increasing 'Color Refresh', then decrease it back to 0% and use your blender on the paint.

If you're picking from the default blenders, the size might be saved into them - you can resave them as new presets and untick the 'save tool size' option if this doesn't work for you.

3. Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    There currently isn't a way to blend across layers, but we can stick that in the suggetion box.

To test blenders, add some paint by increasing 'Color Refresh', then decrease it back to 0% and use your blender on the paint.

If you're picking from the default blenders, the size might be saved into them - you can resave them as new presets and untick the 'save tool size' option if this doesn't work for you.
    Thanks! That would be a great feature to have. I use it in Corel Painter all the time so I miss it when I'm in ArtRage.

I'll give the other suggestions a try. I know that ArtRage4 remembered my brush sizes without me having to save them as custom brushes. If I saved it every time I resized one, I'd have a very large brush list.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamSourceStudio View Post
    If I saved it every time I resized one, I'd have a very large brush list.
    Ha, yeah, that would be silly! Presets will either store size or ignore it, but that option is on by default, so a lot of presets get created with a fixed size when maybe they shouldn't