Thread: AR5 - Custom Brush Loading does not seem to work

AR5 - Custom Brush Loading does not seem to work

Tried different loading settings in custom brush. Does not seem to have any effect.

Win64bit version

Yes, I'm seeing that too.
    Even on 0% Loading I can still put down new paint indefinitely
    Last edited by markw; 02-09-2017 at 08:34 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

I've just checked here and it seems to be working for me in 5.0.1 however I do notice that if Pick Up Color is turned on, it doesn't run out of paint, it may be picking up its own paint on a per-dab basis. We'll look in to that to see what we can do, in the meantime, if you don't pick up color from the canvas the brush head loading should cause paint to run out.

Update: Funny thing - It turns out that this only happens if Multithreading is turned on. We spend a fair bit of time debugging with it off because it's really tricky finding out where problems come from when you have to track multiple threads, and it looks like this one was tested when it was off. We'll wrap a fix for it in to the next update, thanks for reporting that!

For me it mostly seems to work now in AR 5.0.3 but only at loadings above 70%+/- Below that and I just get a single dab.
    Here’s a link to a short video of what I’m getting when adjusting Loading: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...oading%202.mp4
    Note: In the Video after a dab has been made at low loadings the pen is still in contact with my tablet as I continue a stroke though no paint is being laid down.
    Last edited by markw; 02-23-2017 at 06:39 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

Brush loading with Pick Up Colors turned off behaves differently to when it's turned on, based entirely on dab numbering as that's the only property relevant to the head in terms of progress over time. With Pick Up turned on properties such as density, spacing, and pick up amount also reflect on the loading value which results in longer strokes. Tightly packed dabs will run out faster with Pick Up turned off because the number of dabs is higher over a shorter area.

We've considered changes to this to increase the apparent loading in circumstances where there's a tight packed brush head and Pick Up is off, but changes would also affect any other presets designed to take this in to account so we haven't acted on it yet.

Once again Matt thanks for the explanation of whats actually going on behind the scenes in AR
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram