Thread: No touch function in Surface Pro 3 any more

No touch function in Surface Pro 3 any more

No touch function in ArtRage 5. No zooming, rotating or panning...and so on... still painting with your finger works... anyone else experience this? I am using Surface pro 3.

ArtRage 4 still works the Touch way...and also ArtRage Touch. But not ArtRage 5. It got no touch on my Surface Pro.

(I have the right setup enabled in the Preferences.)
    Last edited by Henry Stahle; 02-12-2017 at 11:19 PM.

No touch gestures in Artrage 5 on Surface Pro 4 either

No touch gestures scaling or rotation on the Surface Pro 4 in Artrage 5 either, always painting at the finger position - canvas rotation and scaling works in other applications like Sketchbook, etc...

We'll look in to this one today - Testing on touch devices during beta didn't show that problem so we'll see if we can work out what's going on.

Update: I've just been running on a Surface Pro 3 and I can use multitouch on the canvas to zoom, rotate, and pan. I'm using default settings so could you check that:

1. Use Realtime Style is turned on in Preferences / Input Device
    2. Multitouch Gestures is turned on in Preferences / Input Device
    3. In the View / Canvas Position / Multitouch Gestures menu all three items are turned on

If those three things are set like that (restart ArtRage if any changed) then drop a note to [email protected] and let us know the exact Windows version you're using and we can look in to it further in case there is some kind of OS version incompatibility we can look at.

Update on this - It is looking like a driver issue, and my suspicion is that it relates to Wacom drivers installed to try and get pressure working on Surface Pro devices for apps that didn't support Microsoft's internal standards back in the day. Usually we can point to the Wacom Feel drivers for input issues but if anyone is still experiencing this problem we'd be interested to hear from you ([email protected]) so that we can work out exactly what driver combination is causing it and look in to getting a fix for it as we can't replicate the problem here right now.