Thread: Crouching Spring

Crouching Spring

hopefully it is ready to spring into Spring... working more with larger layered shapes..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crouching Spring.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	522.8 KB 
ID:	92141  

I like the depth you have gotten with this one, it gives more visual interest.
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:
    Aunt Betsy's Celebration Art

I like very much the use of the various earth colors as a background and how they play with blues and greens and more saturated hues in general.
    I appreciate there's no kind of simmetry but the frame, so the "speech" rolls out and gives the impression of a narration from a plate to another one where areas, shapes, signs but also textures change.
    This adds to the dynamics or to the sense of an incipient move.
    BRAVO!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

It's coming Yayyyyy! Beautiful colors and shapes
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt_Betsy View Post
    I like the depth you have gotten with this one, it gives more visual interest.
    thank you for your nice comment on this..

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    hopefully it is ready to spring into Spring... working more with larger layered shapes..
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I like very much the use of the various earth colors as a background and how they play with blues and greens and more saturated hues in general.
    I appreciate there's no kind of simmetry but the frame, so the "speech" rolls out and gives the impression of a narration from a plate to another one where areas, shapes, signs but also textures change.
    This adds to the dynamics or to the sense of an incipient move.
    BRAVO!
    Caesar always so interested in your analysis of a work, they cause me to see it anew ... as you can see I am moving into larger shapes with some highly textured or saturated areas. I think
    it gives the work more room to breathe and has better overall balance... tricky for me because I love to over work a piece...

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    It's coming Yayyyyy! Beautiful colors and shapes
    thanks AndreaMG... I thought it was coming here but we got 3" of heavy wet snow today

Really like this one! It's all cooking with these warm colors.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Really like this one! It's all cooking with these warm colors.

OMG! D Akey! wonderful to have to stop back in and so happy you like this effort.
    Hope things are going smoothly in your world and hope to hear more from you in the forum!

Gary, I really like the depth of this and the colors are great, but sorry my friend you still have a little more time for spring lol

Quote Originally Posted by pat1940 View Post
    Gary, I really like the depth of this and the colors are great, but sorry my friend you still have a little more time for spring lol
    Oh no! don't say that! ... the day after I did this
    it snow another 4" of heavy wet snow... but lucky it melted quickly and today it is 50 degrees which after months of temps in the teens and 20's feels like spring... but great to hear from you Pat!