Thread: Fabric Flowers

Fabric Flowers

I haven't posted here for a long time, so I'm a bit shaky on my painting, but here's a first go at it. With practice, I hope to get better. In quilting, it's the rage right now to use a black-and-white print for the background, like this one has.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fabric_flowers.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	188.5 KB 
ID:	92098  

Looks Great to me good your back in the Fold CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

Welcome back, your work is beautiful.. there is some amazingly creative work done now in quilting with all
    the technical advances in some of the quilting machines. There is a small town near me ( Sisters , Oregon ) that hosts an annual
    summer quilt festival that brings in THOUSANDS of people each year and the work there is stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Looks Great to me good your back in the Fold CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE
    Thanks, eighty+ -- I remember you well. It's good to see that you are still going strong!!

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Welcome back, your work is beautiful.. there is some amazingly creative work done now in quilting with all
    the technical advances in some of the quilting machines. There is a small town near me ( Sisters , Oregon ) that hosts an annual
    summer quilt festival that brings in THOUSANDS of people each year and the work there is stunning.
    Hello, gxhpainter. Thank you. I live in California and have always wanted to get up to the Sisters Quilt Show, but haven't managed to, yet -- it's on my wish list. I started quilting in 1985, and it's been a wonder to ride through the changes and growth that quilting has gone through, from the rotary cutter on up. You're right, I visit the San Jose Pacific International Quilt Show every year and there's amazingly creative work being done out there. I'm trying to master machine quilting myself so I can finish some of my tops. Do you quilt yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by marcialsj View Post
    Hello, gxhpainter. Thank you. I live in California and have always wanted to get up to the Sisters Quilt Show, but haven't managed to, yet -- it's on my wish list. I started quilting in 1985, and it's been a wonder to ride through the changes and growth that quilting has gone through, from the rotary cutter on up. You're right, I visit the San Jose Pacific International Quilt Show every year and there's amazingly creative work being done out there. I'm trying to master machine quilting myself so I can finish some of my tops. Do you quilt yourself?
    marcials no I haven't quilted yet... lack of space, money and I would need some very basic sewing skills etc... I just now trying to set art up in a professional way with a website etc. so that takes most of my free time but I love the fabric arts..

Love the colors!

A quilter myself I appreciate what you are doing!