Thread: Three more hearts + 1

Three more hearts + 1

Valentine's Day is getting closer so here are three more hearts. All made in AR4.5.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	teal heart2.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	526.2 KB 
ID:	92077

Name:	fring heart2.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	529.8 KB 
ID:	92078

Name:	heart lace 10012.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	227.2 KB 
ID:	92079
    Last edited by Aunt_Betsy; 01-31-2017 at 09:11 PM.
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:
    Aunt Betsy's Celebration Art

fab. Fab. Fab Auntie Betsy. Even to my untrained eye's. I can't see a line or mark out of place
    And my mind is blown away. With the skill you have. Shown as I sit here wondering how the hell where
    I could start if I was to try to copy them would be way beyond my knowledge and skill I have noticed that you have lifted the hearts away from the background sleightly which I have to applaud ok I will say no more
    Except fab. Fab. FAB. Congratulations regards. Mr. Ploos. CIAO. IVAYA. CON. DIOS. SLAINTE

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    fab. Fab. Fab Auntie Betsy. Even to my untrained eye's. I can't see a line or mark out of place
    And my mind is blown away. With the skill you have. Shown as I sit here wondering how the hell where
    I could start if I was to try to copy them would be way beyond my knowledge and skill I have noticed that you have lifted the hearts away from the background sleightly which I have to applaud ok I will say no more
    Except fab. Fab. FAB. Congratulations regards. Mr. Ploos. CIAO. IVAYA. CON. DIOS. SLAINTE
    Thanks so much eighty+! Doing these is mostly about using the tools in AR. I create tiles using the symmetry tool and the ink pen with the smoothing set very high. The backgrounds are usually layers of tiles placed with the snap to gird turned on. I use stencils for creating the heart and the guide mode for making the sticker borders around the hearts. I use lots of layers and individual components to compose these graphics. None of it is hard, it just takes a good understanding of the tool in AR and a willingness to play with the tools to see what you can do with them.

Here is another heart I just finished.

Name:	red only heart.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	532.9 KB 
ID:	92080
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:

He He He Way beyond me I tend to stick with the oil brush otherwise I get Confused And Lost

CIAO Auntie Betsy IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

OK, love your description on how to do these, but now I need a translator to figure out what you said! I would need to open up a whole new area of ArtRage exploration to paint anything near what you've done here, so, being lazy, I'm just going to enjoy your paintings. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by marcialsj View Post
    OK, love your description on how to do these, but now I need a translator to figure out what you said! I would need to open up a whole new area of ArtRage exploration to paint anything near what you've done here, so, being lazy, I'm just going to enjoy your paintings. Well done!
    Thank you so much marcialsj!

My graphics really are mostly constructions of individual elements of other graphics that I have made. Each element by itself is usually easy to do. For example many of my tiles are just the symmetry tool set for 8 segments and I use the ink pin set with a high amount of smoothing. Then I use them with the pattern fill and I use the grid with the snap to turned on. I make sure that I save the tiles as a .png so that the plank areas are transparent. This means that I can have several layers of pattern fills that build on each other.

The stickers that I use are usually simple shapes that I have given a dimensional look to by using some of the 3D metallic paint tools such as glitter which I then smooth with the palette knife set on blur. I create a shape with the ink pen and then select the layer content (edit menu) and then on another layer fill the area with the glitter set to full metallic. I then use the palette knife to make it smooth and shiny. With the ink pen or the airbrush set on full metallic I can make it what ever color I want. As long as I have my original shape on a separate layer, I can always select the layer contents to work on the color on many different layers. This is the same technique that I use to make the shiny heart shapes.

Many of the techniques that I use I have described in previous posts.
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store: