Thread: Lost Artrage when computer died

Lost Artrage when computer died

Hi, my motherboard died last week but I was able to have .ptg files transferred to my new computer. my Artrage software came with my Wacom but I no longer have the serial nb./key. I'm pretty sure it was version 3.0, which is no longer available. If I purchase the 4.0 upgrade will I be able to access my files? If so, is there any way to get the discount without the serial number? Thanks for any advice!

If you downloaded ArtRage from Wacom originally, your serial should still be available online in their website, and you can register it in the member area to redownload ArtRage/get the upgrade discount.

Thanks, I contacted Wacom but have not received a response. Will Artrage 4.0 be able to open my files from 3.0?

Yes, absolutely. In fact, you can download the demo to get at your work in the meantime: www.artrage.com/demos

Thanks, I tried the demo but it is only importing my paintings in a single layer. Maybe because they are .ptg files?

Double click the .ptg file (do not use the import Option) then you have layers
    Sorry for my bad English (I never had English education)

Quote Originally Posted by pmt3 View Post
    Thanks, I tried the demo but it is only importing my paintings in a single layer. Maybe because they are .ptg files?
    Use File > Open instead of importing (PTG are the default ArtRage file). Doubleclick probably won't work properly with the demo because the 'this is a demo' pop up interrupts the file set up.

Red face

I didn't know that. Sorry for giving false information.
    Sorry for my bad English (I never had English education)

Thanks, Hannah...that did work! Only problem is I can't save my paintings in the demo because they are too large. So I woke up excited to buy Artrage 4 and get back to work, but it is no longer available I can't afford Artrage 5 and Wacom has been no help finding my serial number. Are there any older versions still available?

Email us at [email protected] and we'll try and help you find your serial/see what else can be done.