Thread: Naming Layers in iPad Pro with ArtRage

Naming Layers in iPad Pro with ArtRage

On the desk top environment i can name a layer of my choosing.

On iPad Pro app artrage i cannot see a way to do this naming of layers is it possible to name a layers in artrage on iPad pro artrage please anyone done this ?

As far as I am aware, it is not possible to name layers when using the iPad Pro

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Feed back

Hi Brett,

Senior member to Artrgae ( are you a senior as in designer to Artrage?)

I only ask as the reply to my question came back 21 days or 3 weeks after posting question.

Not being able to name layers using app artrage on a tablet etc is rather disappointing as a user.

A simple solution would be to fix it

When will you do this simple task please ?

Regards Rob

Brett is a 'senior' forum member because they have a lot of posts. They aren't an official member of the Artrage team, just someone who stopped to answer your question. Your post wasn't answered before because we missed it - we do try and answer most questions.

As he says, you cannot currently name layers in the iPad app. It isn't a planned update at the moment, but we will add it to our suggestions list.

Thank you Hanna

Thank you for the reply Hanna,

Looking forwards to being able to name layers in a tablet device be it any of the OS out their.

Procreate as you probably know already has this built in, so we do not wish to be left behind, what time scale are we talking about to implement this rather simple update ? next couple of months probably ?

Re naming layers in Artrage thank you

Regards Rob

Since 3 years have elapsed since this was last discussed, adding layer names to the iPad version would STILL be most welcome, even if this name is NOT continually displayed in the Layer display. (One might have to "click" on a layer icon to view this layer name.) This would allow a "painter" to be able to distinguish layers that are quite similar when displayed as a thumbnail.)

In fact, being able to modify the layer name isn't even necessary on the iPad since the layers can be easily renamed using "big" ArtRage. In fact, I feel that THIS is the REAL power of ArtRage -- having a "tablet version" that can compatibly get work done, but there is always the "mother ship" to be able to make larger or more complex changes. While working with ArtRage on the iPad for several years, only recently have I started working with the Windows version and it is very powerful. (In fact, I just found the "Advanced Scripting Guide" download a few minutes ago and that might prove interesting.) Adding Photoshop (and possibly Illustrator) to this mix, one now has a very powerful synergistic system, especially when one "programs" these Adobe tools using Extendscript.

But no matter how much programming I can accomplish, I can't display layer names on the iPad and THAT would be a great addition.

Thanks.