Thread: Just finished redrawing Samurai Jack in my own style.

Red face Just finished redrawing Samurai Jack in my own style.

So this is my first time posting on this site and it sure won't be my last. I have really been that kind of artist that avoids social media but I see that it is a requirement now almost if you want to be seen. I have been under the radar so to speak but I have been drawing for some time now. I create my own comics/ manga and characters and one of the things that I like to do to challenge myself and to get my left hand ready to sketch and color my own comics is to draw well-known characters but to do it in my own style. I do not do this very often but it is a lot of fun. I decided on redoing Samurai Jack because I heard that Cartoon Network and Adult Swim will be releasing Jack back onto the airwaves and I am so excited!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	samurai jack remake.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	280.2 KB 
ID:	92020

As seen on my Youtube video I sketched and did the linework in Paint Tool Sai as well as add color. I added some lighting and moody effects in Photoshop afterward. Feel free to send me a line if you have questions in this area. I also recorded the screen using Camtasia 9 (I prefer over Camstudio since I am working on a Windows 10 OSX) and a Wacom Cintiq 13HD.

Another thing that I would like to add is that some of most post or pieces come with a video of how to color digitally or just a video that shows how my creative process flows. Here is this week's video clip of me drawing Samurai Jack>> https://youtu.be/2tChYbmOWww

Feel free to check that out and to follow me on Facebook and Instagram under the name AOK inks (Kwenela). Also check out my website to see some of my other work: artofkwenela.ink.

Samurai Jack was such a great cartoon and, even more, such an excellent style of drawing in my opinion, that it really deserved a tribute.
    You performed pretty well with Your original kind of style. Well done!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

That's pretty cool. Nice work. Expressive.
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here