Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Artrage 5 Questions!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHart View Post
    I don't know, he seemed to be a beta tester. But he stated on FB that it isn't a beta key that he is giving away.
    That was me. And there is no beta key to give away.

If you simply clicked on the links I provided, you would have gotten all the factual information you needed.
    Win ArtRage 5 free!

Abba Studios Portfolio

Just Create - My blog about creating comics and graphic novels

HiPDI / PixelSense

Hey,

My earlier question seems to have gone un-noticed

Will ArtRage 5 have a scalable UI that can properly support HiPDI / PixelSense screens?

Thanks,

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by symson View Post
    If you simply clicked on the links I provided, you would have gotten all the factual information you needed.
    I guess we differ on how to present information but I am not in any need to win ArtRage5 as I will proudly purchase the upgrade. So there was and still is no need for to follow these links into your numerous sites.
    If you would have stated that directly in your FB post without the trying to get the peoples attention to your sites, then people (not only me) wouldn't have made that assumption.
    I just wanted to hear if it is ok to give away beta keys.

Quote Originally Posted by atwright147 View Post
    Hey,

My earlier question seems to have gone un-noticed

Will ArtRage 5 have a scalable UI that can properly support HiPDI / PixelSense screens?

Thanks,

Andy
    Not unnoticed, I just forgot to reply (or replied elsewhere, I'm sure I replied to it. Maybe I just didn't post it ) ArtRage 5 will allow us to support this, so it won't be in the initial release, but it's something we intend to add once we've let the programmers sleep for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Not unnoticed, I just forgot to reply (or replied elsewhere, I'm sure I replied to it. Maybe I just didn't post it ) ArtRage 5 will allow us to support this, so it won't be in the initial release, but it's something we intend to add once we've let the programmers sleep for a few weeks.
    Thank you

automatic saves and recovery save

I find ArtRage 5 quite expensive, nevertheless I have bought it. But I am very disappointed that - as far as I can see, although I might not have found it yet - that despite the price ArtRage 5 still does not have automatic save settings, or an automatic recovery save. There is nothing worse than having worked a while on a piece only to lose it to some program/computer crash or through a simple mistake. ArtRage has crashed in the past and I have lost all my work, and there was not even a recovery option by new start.

Sure you can keep making manual saves as you go along but I tend to get so absorbed by what I am doing that I forget everything else. Perhaps this is simply due to my ADD/Asperger’s which tends to create this total absorption in something and shutting everything else our (like making a manual save) - still!!!!

I think the price most certainly deserves both an automatic save option and a recovery save.

But maybe I have not found these yet – and these options must be well hidden!

Docking Mode. Problem. Windows 7

The panel is not fixed.

It's not working.
    "You can also attach panels to the edges of the screen if you want to keep them open."
    "Docking: Drag a panel to the left or right edge of the screen and a Dock Indicator appears, drop it on that indicator to dock the panel to that side."

try to hover over the black box with the mouse (upper part of the panel),has a kind of a "sweet spot". did work for me

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    try to hover over the black box with the mouse (upper part of the panel),has a kind of a "sweet spot". did work for me
    Thank you very much! I had a breakthrough! But it was difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by berlinart View Post
    I find ArtRage 5 quite expensive, nevertheless I have bought it. But I am very disappointed that - as far as I can see, although I might not have found it yet - that despite the price ArtRage 5 still does not have automatic save settings, or an automatic recovery save. There is nothing worse than having worked a while on a piece only to lose it to some program/computer crash or through a simple mistake. ArtRage has crashed in the past and I have lost all my work, and there was not even a recovery option by new start.

Sure you can keep making manual saves as you go along but I tend to get so absorbed by what I am doing that I forget everything else. Perhaps this is simply due to my ADD/Asperger’s which tends to create this total absorption in something and shutting everything else our (like making a manual save) - still!!!!

I think the price most certainly deserves both an automatic save option and a recovery save.

But maybe I have not found these yet – and these options must be well hidden!
    There's some info about saving and recovery here (not automatic save though):
    https://www.artrage.com/faqs/recover...rage-painting/

I also read somewhere that AR5 has an improved saving process to minimise problems.

Maybe you could try something like sticking a post-it note "SAVE NOW!" on the side of your screen as a reminder until it becomes a natural habit or perhaps set an alarm reminder.
    Good planets are hard to find - help look after ours.