Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: Artrage 5 Questions!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,993

    Artrage 5 Questions!

    We're almost, almost at the point of being able to set a release date and the product is looking pretty final, so if you have any burning questions about the program, we may actually answer

    There's a thread on Facebook as well, so you may find your question has already been answered there:
    https://www.facebook.com/artrage/posts/1408152949208999

    And we have a page about it here: www.artrage.com/artrage-5 which is where you can find videos and the full list of new features.


    To pre-empt the most common questions:


    • There are no changes to the traditional tools, except for Pencil and Pastels/Chalk. Yes, we might look at them in future, but it's too big and complicated a project to predict or promise anything right now.
    • No, you won't need better hardware, it will run on anything that you can already run ArtRage on. Unless it runs an unsupported OS, so Windows XP users and Mac OS 10.6 and 10.7 users will not be able to run ArtRage 5.
    • RAM is the best way to improve your performance, ArtRage doesn't care about your graphics card.
    • No, we won't give you a free copy :P unless it's after release and you bribe us with ... oh, $79. Paid through our online store.
    • No, we don't need more beta testers, even if you're awesome we can only deal with so many bug reports at once.
    • No, we're not rolling out major updates to the apps right now, we're busy focusing on ArtRage 5 and our programmers are slackers who like to sleep at least 3 hours a night. Also, this is the ArtRage 5 thread, it's there in the title.
    • No, we don't know the release date yet. But we will soon, and we'll give everyone a heads up as soon as we're sure.



    Now, if you have any other questions, ask away!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Portsmouth UK
    Posts
    690
    Are there any bug fixes for the script playback?, as you know I supplied a few bug reports

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,993
    There should be a few. That's something we just fix whenever we figure out how, so the latest fixes will be rolled into ArtRage 5.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Reno, Nevada
    Posts
    325
    Awesome work AR! You guys/gals Rawk!

    In the future, 5.0.3, 5.0.4, 5.0.5, etc., if you can add different shapes to the default pastel brushes (Wax/Chalk) that would be great. Square head, rectangular pastel side to emulate real pastels then I would be set. I plan on using custom brushes to do this and plan on posting new custom brushes when it becomes available. I have some great source and grain images to use for the square/rectangular pastel custom brushes.

    Thanks again AR!
    Robert Hopkins

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by HwyStar View Post
    Awesome work AR! You guys/gals Rawk!

    In the future, 5.0.3, 5.0.4, 5.0.5, etc., if you can add different shapes to the default pastel brushes (Wax/Chalk) that would be great. Square head, rectangular pastel side to emulate real pastels then I would be set.
    ( + + + ) yes, please! I hope that the custom brush tool will essentially work in the same (or improved) way as wax in AR4, but this will be a much appreciated addition anyway.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by nekomata View Post
    ( + + + ) yes, please! I hope that the custom brush tool will essentially work in the same (or improved) way as wax in AR4, but this will be a much appreciated addition anyway.
    It will be added to our suggestion list ArtRage versions 5.0.0 through to 5.1 or so will probably all be bug fixes and tweaks anyway! (No matter how carefully we test, as soon as it goes out to hundreds of users, you will find things we missed).

    You can definitely make nice pastels in the custom brush tool - I've already made some. The blending isn't the same, as it's just a pixel tool, not 'real media' simulation, but with the right grain and settings, it's possible to mimic the effects.

    For example:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ar5 custom brush pastel.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	201.7 KB 
ID:	91997

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1

    Brush Designer

    Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    We're almost, almost at the point of being able to set a release date and the product is looking pretty final, so if you have any burning questions about the program, we may actually answer

    There's a thread on Facebook as well, so you may find your question has already been answered there:
    https://www.facebook.com/artrage/posts/1408152949208999

    And we have a page about it here: www.artrage.com/artrage-5 which is where you can find videos and the full list of new features.


    To pre-empt the most common questions:


    • There are no changes to the traditional tools, except for Pencil and Pastels/Chalk. Yes, we might look at them in future, but it's too big and complicated a project to predict or promise anything right now.
    • No, you won't need better hardware, it will run on anything that you can already run ArtRage on. Unless it runs an unsupported OS, so Windows XP users and Mac OS 10.6 and 10.7 users will not be able to run ArtRage 5.
    • RAM is the best way to improve your performance, ArtRage doesn't care about your graphics card.
    • No, we won't give you a free copy :P unless it's after release and you bribe us with ... oh, $79. Paid through our online store.
    • No, we don't need more beta testers, even if you're awesome we can only deal with so many bug reports at once.
    • No, we're not' rolling out major updates to the apps right now, we're busy focusing on ArtRage 5 and our programmers are slackers who like to sleep at least 3 hours a night. Also, this is the ArtRage 5 thread, it's there in the title.
    • No, we don't know the release date yet. But we will soon, and we'll give everyone a heads up as soon as we're sure.



    Now, if you have any other questions, ask away!
    I'm not sure if I'm typing in the correct place. First time here. I have just downloaded Art Rage 5, using a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 and when I open brush designer, it opens only partially with no 'clear' button at the bottom or close option. I therefore have to do a control, alt, delete and open task manager to close Artrage and start again. Please help

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Larky View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm typing in the correct place. First time here. I have just downloaded Art Rage 5, using a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 and when I open brush designer, it opens only partially with no 'clear' button at the bottom or close option. I therefore have to do a control, alt, delete and open task manager to close Artrage and start again. Please help
    Starting a new thread (in the technical section) is usually a good idea for new problems, to make sure they aren't missed.
    https://forums.artrage.com/forumdisplay.php?9-Technical


    For your problem:

    Do you have your display set at a higher magnification? Windows sometimes does weird things to displays and if the bottom of the brush designer is getting cut off, that might explain it.

    Does pressing 'escape' close it for you?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    We're almost, almost at the point of being able to set a release date and the product is looking pretty final, so if you have any burning questions about the program, we may actually answer

    There's a thread on Facebook as well, so you may find your question has already been answered there:
    https://www.facebook.com/artrage/posts/1408152949208999

    And we have a page about it here: www.artrage.com/artrage-5 which is where you can find videos and the full list of new features.


    To pre-empt the most common questions:


    • There are no changes to the traditional tools, except for Pencil and Pastels/Chalk. Yes, we might look at them in future, but it's too big and complicated a project to predict or promise anything right now.
    • No, you won't need better hardware, it will run on anything that you can already run ArtRage on. Unless it runs an unsupported OS, so Windows XP users and Mac OS 10.6 and 10.7 users will not be able to run ArtRage 5.
    • RAM is the best way to improve your performance, ArtRage doesn't care about your graphics card.
    • No, we won't give you a free copy :P unless it's after release and you bribe us with ... oh, $79. Paid through our online store.
    • No, we don't need more beta testers, even if you're awesome we can only deal with so many bug reports at once.
    • No, we're not rolling out major updates to the apps right now, we're busy focusing on ArtRage 5 and our programmers are slackers who like to sleep at least 3 hours a night. Also, this is the ArtRage 5 thread, it's there in the title.
    • No, we don't know the release date yet. But we will soon, and we'll give everyone a heads up as soon as we're sure.



    Now, if you have any other questions, ask away!
    I just purchased and downloaded the new program at a library internet terminal, so have not installed yet. One thing that is different from Art Rage 4 that I immediately noticed is that the download option has been reduced to one file. With Art Rage 4 there was the option of a 32 bit version, or 64 bit version. I would assume that simply the install_artrage_5_windows file works for both types of hardware architecture with this Version 5?
    Another thing I am hoping did not change is that you do not need to activate this new Art Rage 5 version on-line, all past versions worked fine with a serial number input off-line? For me this is important since I do not have internet on my home computer and use a library for getting things on-line. I probably should have looked over all system requirements thoroughly before purchase yet went ahead without checking since I have never had that problem in the past.
    Last edited by Stephen Lo Piano; 04-19-2017 at 07:23 AM.
    The very first digital art program that I worked with Art Rage 1

    You may visit my personally designed website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,993
    ArtRage 5 installs both 64 & 32 bit versions and you do not need to activate it online, same as before

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •