Thread: Color Sample import image file

Color Sample import image file

It would be really great if in the color samples options menu if it would allow us the ability to import an image and create a new color sample set against the imported image. Kind of like this website does: http://www.cssdrive.com/imagepalette/index.php

Would make creating color samples a breeze. 30 glorious colors in ArtRage every time in one second! I really struggle with getting harmonious colors in my paintings.

I know that I can select colors from an image using the reference tool.

This would be a nice feature if you don't want to look at another image while painting and go through the pain-staking operation of selecting one color at a time to create a paint sample set... It would save us time and effort. One less excuse to not want to paint. Wham: perfect colors from a perfect image!
    Robert Hopkins

I've been able to approximate this by importing an image/photograph in "color options":
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	color picker.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	91946
    Not the same as having samples, but I've been able to use it.
    Cheers,
    Sue Ellen.

Smile color sample collections

i just discovered this wonderful feature ! In the process of setting up a greyscale, i wanted to save it, and voila ! very easily saved and there was an entire collection of palettes ready to use. To make your own collection,
    one still has to individually select samples but, really, how long does that take? in the process you have really studied your reference material which never hurts

Sorry I didn't reply to your post Sue Ellen! That is a cool feature that I did not know AR has. I will give it a try. Thank you so much!

Martyl: Thanks for that tip! And, I agree with your study method of the reference you want to use, you should know the reference image well.
    Robert Hopkins