ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Simple idea but it can save a lot of time. (Color Pallet)

Simple idea but it can save a lot of time. (Color Pallet)

Can you make the pallet movable so we don't have to go all the way to the corner of the screen to pick colors? It really slows down the work. Thanks
    Sheraz

Hi S_design, here's a few ideas.

1. If you have Photoshop, make up your own colour pallets by either making them up by taking them from Photoshops own pallets.
    2. You can also import a photo or painting into AR by opening 'Import a Reference Image' under the Tools section at the top of the AR's window.
    you then pick the colour you want by using the Alt + Shift keys on a Mac, I don't know what keys you use on a PC.
    3. The good thing about importing this way is you can set it anywhere on your AR workspace. Hope this helps. Brian

what tinzo suggests will get us going until the next release. Unfortunatly it doesn't give quite the same precision as a proper colorpalette does.

Besides, there are other threads suggesting the same thing and Matt recently said that a change to the color palette UI is coming.
    Lead Concept Artist - NDS Denmark
    Illustrator
    www.petervillumsen.com

Thanks Tinzo that is a good idea, I have been working around this by making my own pallet on separate layer or using reference image. This realy shows that the pallet needs improvment becuase I rarely ever use it. Lets hope the change is sooner than later. Thanks again for your solutions
    Sheraz