Thread: One and Two point perspectives in AR 5...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

One and Two point perspectives in AR 5...

Hey AR!

If we need to wait and have you program three point perspectives I think the AR clan would be willing to wait?

I was watching a great video of Niko using procreate this weekend and his usage of three point tells it all. Here is the video:

Jump to 26 minutes, 49 seconds to watch how procreate processes perspectives:
    Last edited by HwyStar; 01-10-2017 at 08:11 AM.
    Robert Hopkins

I absolutely love the way the Procreate perspective is implemented. So simple to use and given that it is vanishing points that radiate lines out from their location, they cross over each other instead of stopping at the corner of the "wall". I prefer the procreate method because I get reference lines all the way through the image.

With that said, I must express my gratitude to the AR team for addressing perspective at all. It is quite good and will no doubt become a staple tool for complex illustrations. Thanks guys!
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Oh! Just to mention, the relevant bit to perspective in the above posted video starts around 26 minutes in. ;-)
    Be well,

Thanks David. I updated my post to start viewing the video at 26 minutes.
    Robert Hopkins

You are welcome good sir!
    Be well,

Name:  art5_persp.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  16.1 KB

New to AR5 here. I am currently exploring and studying perspective and I find it to be a little tedious with AR. A lot of tweaking and moving to get it right. There should be a simplified version like how SketchBook has it, with no grid to distract you. For matte painting and photo works, the AR perspective grid can be helpful, but for basic and quick sketching we need something a lot more simpler and quicker. As of this writing, it seems like AR can't create a single line to be moved around. You can hack it (see image) but you can't move it. It's a lot easier to work with lines and points. Also, the idea of being able to rotate the horizontal line is great. I hope that future versions of AR will have these features.
    Last edited by cb102; 02-16-2017 at 11:02 AM.