Thread: Desert Dreamer (Updated 11-17-16)

Desert Dreamer (Updated 11-17-16)

I am working on the next horse in my desert horses series. Here is my preliminary sketch! I can't wait to see how this one turns out, I am learning so much from painting these!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Desert Dreamer WIP 1.JPG 
Views:	266 
Size:	159.0 KB 
ID:	90001

~ Scribbles
    Last edited by scribbledsoul; 11-18-2016 at 05:22 AM.
    Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.

~ Henry Ward Beecher

Very nicely done. Looking forward to the next step.

Watching

Can't wait for the next step ;-)

I finally got around to working on this piece some more. I've been working a lot on it today, and made quite a bit of progress! Using the felt pen and palette knife only. I just zoomed in on his face here since the rest of the body is just roughly blocked out at the moment. I can't wait to see how the horse's body turns out!

Name:	Desert Dreamer WIP 3.JPG 
Views:	265 
Size:	164.8 KB 
ID:	91409

~ Scribbles
    Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.

~ Henry Ward Beecher

Awesome

Looking great! I would say that yours is slightly more blue than the ref. In the ref its looks ever so slightly red or warmer in tone. Hope it helps? ;-)

Thanks for the comments! Yes, my painting is more blue than the reference photo, but that's on purpose (my scene will have different lighting). Also, I'm not trying to exactly reproduce the original photo; my horse will differ quite a bit when it's done. After a long break between updates (super busy life lol), I have picked this up again. It's like revisiting an old friend; I love coming back to a piece after it has been put away for a while. I'm eager to put the background in, but I want to develop the horse some more first so that I can better establish the lighting of my scene to make it fun and dramatic. Back to the digital easel I go. Hope ya'll like it!

Name:	Desert Dreamer WIP 4.JPG 
Views:	213 
Size:	163.6 KB 
ID:	92753

~ Scribbles

~ Henry Ward Beecher