ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a virtual ruler?

Question Is there a virtual ruler?

Hi, lm Drawing a Comic as a Xmas present for-somebody and was just wondering if the res a virtual ruler at all?? I really need an answer ASAP_ Preferably within 10 mins THANKS

JR Screen Ruler

I have used this a fair bit. Not sure if you are looking for something in ArtRage or for your monitor itself, but hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by artgirl54 View Post
    Hi, lm Drawing a Comic as a Xmas present for-somebody and was just wondering if the res a virtual ruler at all?? I really need an answer ASAP_ Preferably within 10 mins THANKS
    I'm not sure if a "Virtual ruler" is a specific tool you're looking or just a straight edge to use for making lines. ArtRage does have a "Ruler" (as well as asymmetrical stencils and shapes). The straight edge Rulers, however, have unique features to them, that allows users to easily extend them and use them to measure distance in pixels, inches, centimeters or millimeters. Here's an example of the Ruler (they're blue, because I prefer to use them in Guide mode):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruler show.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	91724
    Last edited by Someonesane; 12-22-2016 at 02:29 PM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Sorry for the double post, but I thought I might also mention (since you're into doing comics) that the soon to be released ArtRage 5 will also add a Perspective feature, allowing us to set up grids on our canvas that the tools can snap to, if needed. Here's a screen shot of that:

Name:	AR5 Perspective Show.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	407.8 KB 
ID:	91726

Hi Someonsane, thanks for giving us a glimpse of the new perspective tool. I've been looking forward to having a feature like this for years. It's going to be such a time saver.
    Good planets are hard to find - help look after ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Hi Someonsane, thanks for giving us a glimpse of the new perspective tool. I've been looking forward to having a feature like this for years. It's going to be such a time saver.
    No problem Jono

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    May be this app could also be useful ? => http://stoosepp.com/apps/

you copy paste the "png" in ArtRage and you can find the perspective grid from a photo.

hope it helps.

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Sorry for the double post, but I thought I might also mention (since you're into doing comics) that the soon to be released ArtRage 5 will also add a Perspective feature, allowing us to set up grids on our canvas that the tools can snap to, if needed. Here's a screen shot of that:

Name:	AR5 Perspective Show.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	407.8 KB 
ID:	91726
    Nice, looks like they took my feature request.

Atm I try to figure out how the graphical algorithm is to draw such a perspective grid with quadratic fields.
    But I have not come to a solution yet. Humpf...
    Kunst muss nicht immer kompliziert sein!

Quote Originally Posted by Mick CrocKode View Post
    May be this app could also be useful ? => http://stoosepp.com/apps/

you copy paste the "png" in ArtRage and you can find the perspective grid from a photo.

hope it helps.
    Unfortunately I'm on a Windows system at the moment, but thanks Mick for letting me know. It does look useful.
    Good planets are hard to find - help look after ours.

No

Quote Originally Posted by Aliya View Post
    is it a type of AutoCAD Software??
    No, it is just a grid to help you draw perspectivly. Many drawing programs have grid functions like that.
    Kunst muss nicht immer kompliziert sein!