Thread: Painting not saving

Painting not saving

Ipad Pro 9.7, 256gb

I think there maybe a glitch in the program on saving.
    My painting didn't save after I finished for the day yesterday. I am always in the habit of pressing save often while painting then before closing going to the gallery to check its there. When I opened the program today it displayed that the program had closed without fully saving, consequently all the work I had done yesterday was gone. The last time it happened I thought it was my fault maybe closing without saving.

I have found another problem in the latest update, when i try to alter the transparancy of a layer the program crashes and shuts down.

We're rushing out a fix for the second thing, the first one is something we're now looking into. Thanks for reporting it!

Thanks Hanna, I save regulary and work on a new copy so it was only the one day that I lost., there was about 6 saves during the work not one of them saved. The problem seem to happen when i quit the program and removed the open programs from background.

Okay, I haven't seen any problems saving here. Can you tell me:

- what iOS you're running?
    - exactly how you save? (the specific menu options) so I can be sure I'm doing the same thing
    - is there a chance that you killed the app before it had finished the saving process?

I am running the latest ios 10.1.1.

I kill all open programs to free memory then open Artrage. When I paint after about 5 minutes the save icon comes up in top right corner i press save then carry on until the next time it shows then save again, keep saving this way until I finish. When finished I go to gallery which prompts me to save again as soon as that dissapears I quit program by either using 5 fingers or button dbl click to bring up tasks then kill to clear memory again.
    It used to do this if I saved from top right icon then killed program so have got into the habit and killing while in gallery because I always have to save at that point.

Changing layer opacity shuts down Artrage for me, too.

I am in exactly the same bit as Christine regarding changing opacity. Same iPad and same iOS. Nevertheless, I am sure you will fix things and am grateful for a smashing program.