Thread: Placing a stencil to different exact places?

Placing a stencil to different exact places?

Can I place an stencil to an exact place on the canvas? (example 200x150y)

JMMK
    Sorry for my bad English (I never had English education)

Yes, you can. When you choose a stencil, you can move it by right-clicking on the stencil. You should be able to move it where you wish.

You have to position stencils manually, sorry!

edit: ah, but yes, you can move them around You would need to mark the place you wanted it to go if you needed to position it very exactly.

Not sure if any of the following information will be helpful, as it usefulness may be related to ease of use, but here's a few things that may help you along:

Rulers:
    • The ArtRage Rulers have a pixel measurement indicator. If you place two rulers on the canvas (one horizontal; one vertical) with their "0" points along the edges of the canvas, you'll be able to approximately determine where to place the stencil.
    ○ Holding Shift while move the rulers will make them Stick moving exactly horizontal or vertical, so you can slide them over the canvas easily once you've positioned thier "0" points.

Grid:
    The Grid feature let's you overlay the canvas with a grid that defaults it's 0 point to upper left of the canvas. It only allows you to go as low as 5 pixel spacing, however it still might be useful if you're looking to space things out. The grid also allows for snapping.

Paint Symmetry:
    I know, I know... What's this have to do with measurements, right? Bare with me though. You see, showing the Paint Symmetry grid puts a horizontal and vertical grid (default) over you canvas, which allows you paint a mirrored mark on either side. Our interest in this, however, is that we can also numerically input where we want the center of our symmetry to be, which also means we can use the grid to determine exactly where a specific point on the canvas is. (for a visual of how to do this, please see this video i made, where I used it to create an image map for web use: VIDEO LINK
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

when you activate the symmetry tool you have the round pod in the middle of your canvas, if you click in that pod a menu comes up where you can select "center of symmetry" and that give you the window where you can give in the coordinates.So if you know where you want to be on the canvas?

Thank you all for the help.

I knew nothing of the possibilities of the symmetry, your answers helpt me solve this problem.
    I will use this option a lot more in the feature.

Best regards,
    JMMK
    Sorry for my bad English (I never had English education)