Thread: Using camera permission in AR for Android

Using camera permission in AR for Android

Permission Friendly Apps drew my attention to the fact that AR requires the Camera Permission and I see that the option to take a photo is indeed available from the app. I had some difficulty in Importing the resulting image, however, and ended up with a different, unintended image from the Photos app in my painting. Does anyone know the correct procedure for this, please?

Incidentally, I see that AR also requires Internet and Network Permissions and I wonder why they are needed (another thread established that a connection is not needed for AR to work).

It's good to see that the app continues to be supported.
    Last edited by winnie; 12-04-2016 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by winnie View Post
    Permission Friendly Apps drew my attention to the fact that AR requires the Camera Permission and I see that the option to take a photo is indeed available from the app. I had some difficulty in Importing the resulting image, however, and ended up with a different, unintended image from the Photos app in my painting. Does anyone know the correct procedure for this, please?
    If you choose 'take a photo' it will take you to the camera and automatically use the image you take once you press 'OK'. If you choose 'Import image' it will open your existing photos.

Quote Originally Posted by winnie View Post
    Incidentally, I see that AR also requires Internet and Network Permissions and I wonder why they are needed (another thread established that a connection is not needed for AR to work).
    This is for the Samsung PEN.UP image sharing site, which you can share to from the main menu (we originally released the app as a Samsung exclusive, so it was important to include this option).

Hannah Rage

Thank you and "Got It" on both points.