ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Wet ...Impressionist painting (Sketch)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    central england
    Posts
    6,727

    Wet ...Impressionist painting (Sketch)

    I haven't tried an Impressionist painting for a while and rarely do them, anyway I did one this morning of a foggy day in the countryside , a figure approaches the stream........Jack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wet.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	238.0 KB 
ID:	91330  
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Santiago de Chile
    Posts
    3,422
    Fantástico!
    Admiro la atmósfera que has logrado (alcanzado)...
    Me gusta mucho!

    Fantastic!
    I admire the atmosphere that you have achieved ...
    I like very much!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,517
    Love it, Jack! Always wondered what the Impressionists would paint like if they were in the fog on the moors. I imagine their palettes would hunker down a tad as you've done. You look like you're leaning into the Symbolism camp with their palettes, via a ghastly tale whispered in some hidden corner of the tavern.

    We would probably call Heathcliff, as I think you just found Katherine. He's been carrying on looking for her for decades. . .

    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  4. #4
    Really gloomy, I love it.
    Can't stay long tho, armor is rusting.
    Most of my stuff is hosted there : http://burgzaza.deviantart.com/gallery/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    central england
    Posts
    6,727
    Quote Originally Posted by damasocl View Post
    Fantástico!
    Admiro la atmósfera que has logrado (alcanzado)...
    Me gusta mucho!

    Fantastic!
    I admire the atmosphere that you have achieved ...
    I like very much!
    damasocl,
    Hello my friend, thank you for your reply, I am pleased that you like my painting, I am trying to vary my painting style ......thanks for looking.... Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    central england
    Posts
    6,727
    Quote Originally Posted by burgzaza View Post
    Really gloomy, I love it.
    Can't stay long tho, armor is rusting.
    Hello burgzaza,
    Thank you for coming in on this thread, I have only just realised your helmet on your avatar, your comment made me smile.....Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    central england
    Posts
    6,727
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Love it, Jack! Always wondered what the Impressionists would paint like if they were in the fog on the moors. I imagine their palettes would hunker down a tad as you've done. You look like you're leaning into the Symbolism camp with their palettes, via a ghastly tale whispered in some hidden corner of the tavern.

    We would probably call Heathcliff, as I think you just found Katherine. He's been carrying on looking for her for decades. . .

    Hello D,
    Now you have me thinking of a smokey tavern with three pirates sitting around a table with their booty and ale on the table, ( Oh no I've already done that one ), I will have to think again, I have been looking at what other artists have been doing, I don't know if you have looked in on http://www.cgsociety.org/gallery/....Its worth a look if you haven't, very many great artists on there........thanks for looking in D....Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,517
    Thanks for the link, Jack. I had not gone there for years. Very good stuff.

    BTW, the link you had sort of got lost when it picked up some extra characters in the link so it didn't work. I grabbed the part that looked like a web address and it worked. I assume that was your intention to send us there. Thanks again. Inspiring for sure.

    http://www.cgsociety.org/gallery/

    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    302
    Jacktar, I really like this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •