Thread: New and young.

New and young.

So I just started using artrage and I can't seem to find a ruler mode even when I right click. Also the delete button doesn't work. Is it because I'm using artrage lite?

Edit.

Also I can only trace on a normal ruler but not on stencils.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyExcalibur View Post
    So I just started using artrage and I can't seem to find a ruler mode even when I right click. Also the delete button doesn't work. Is it because I'm using artrage lite?
    Yes, I'm afraid that is an ArtRage Lite thing.

I'm not sure about the delete button - what are you trying to delete?

Also I can only trace on a normal ruler but not on stencils.
    I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do. Are you trying to draw around the stencils? Are you using the stencil ruler, or an actual ruler on the tablet?

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Yes, I'm afraid that is an ArtRage Lite thing.

I'm not sure about the delete button - what are you trying to delete?

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do. Are you trying to draw around the stencils? Are you using the stencil ruler, or an actual ruler on the tablet?
    1.I was trying to delete the part where I had used the tool (I forgot what's that called) and stencils using the delete button. (I can delete the stencils if I use the right click on my mouse and that is troublesome as I am using a tablet.)
    2.I was trying to trace the template so if the the stencil have a speech bubble that I want to use I will trace it but I cannot use it. Also it is a stencil ruler. Just in case you didn't see I use a tablet.

1.I was trying to delete the part where I had used the tool (I forgot what's that called) and stencils using the delete button. (I can delete the stencils if I use the right click on my mouse and that is troublesome as I am using a tablet.)

Aha, that's easy then! Just go back to the Stencils menu to edit active stencils (if you don't want to right click).

• Loooong click on the Stencils shortcut when closed/right click to open the global menu and hide/show ALL stencils
    • Open the Stencils collection properly and use the Active group to individually edit stencils on your canvas

Name:  edit individual stencil artrage lite.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  27.2 KB

2.I was trying to trace the template so if the the stencil have a speech bubble that I want to use I will trace it but I cannot use it. Also it is a stencil ruler. Just in case you didn't see I use a tablet.
    Hmmm. Just a quick guess, but are you trying to trace outside the speech bubble shape? Try inverting the stencil (right click or the active group menu options as above).

If that isn't it, a screenshot of what you're doing might help.

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Aha, that's easy then! Just go back to the Stencils menu to edit active stencils (if you don't want to right click).

• Loooong click on the Stencils shortcut when closed/right click to open the global menu and hide/show ALL stencils
    • Open the Stencils collection properly and use the Active group to individually edit stencils on your canvas

Name:  edit individual stencil artrage lite.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  27.2 KB

Hmmm. Just a quick guess, but are you trying to trace outside the speech bubble shape? Try inverting the stencil (right click or the active group menu options as above).

If that isn't it, a screenshot of what you're doing might help.
    Yea trying to trace the bubble.

Okay, you want to invert the stencil. Then you can draw outside instead of inside it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	invert stencil artrage lite.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	91327