ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ArtRage Wacom Edition and MacOS

ArtRage Wacom Edition and MacOS

Hi.

First of all, let me congratulate you on the great piece of software you have developed! I saw the free version here at work about two weeks ago, on a tablet pc, and sort of fell in love with it at first sight So I bought it yesterday, the full version, and borrowed a Tablet Pen to try it on on my Windows desktop - where it really rocks

Still, now that I fell in love with it, I was considering buying a tablet pen, and I saw this morning that the Wacom Volito2 has a bundled ArtRage 2 full version.

My question is, would I be able to install it - the full version - on a MacOS system?

Since I already own ArtRage for Windows XP - my home desktop - I was considering installing it on my family's laptop, which is a Mac, so I could keep using ArtRage when travelling. I know it will only work with the Wacom tablet connected My question is if it works on Mac at all - or will I be stuck with two licenses for a Windows ArtRage

Let me know if - and how - can I do something like this!

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

ArtRage Waacom edition and Macs

I have the full version of ArtRage 2 on my Mac but my Volito 2 Tablet does not have full functionallity, pressure sensitivity does'nt work, for instance.
    This is because there are no drivers for Mac, I have checked on the Wacom website, they do do some tablets for Macs but the Volito is not supported.

Thanks for the reply, mrpastry!

I wasn't aware that there were no drivers for the Mac, I had never noticed that "pressure sensitivity" thing there!

Nonetheless, the "ArtRage 2" full version you have for your Mac is the one that came bundled with the Volito2? Or is it a separate purchase?

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

I purchased the full edition but you can download the free edition for Mac.
    The disk supplied with the Volito is for PCs only.

I can definitely confirm this, the only Wacom Edition of ArtRage is for Windows I'm afraid. However, the standard version of ArtRage from us does have the same feature set.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

artrage 2 works like a champ with my os X and my wacom intous3 tablet

Just to clarify, in case of any misunderstandings. The Wacom Edition of ArtRage has the same functionality as the Full Edition of ArtRage. The Wacom Edition however is provided for Windows only ( it requires that a Windows Wacom tablet driver be installed ).

The Full Edition of ArtRage from Ambient Design will support Wacom tablets on either operating system.

Just thought I'd mention this as I've seen it cause some confusion here and there on the forums.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design