Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Inlet

The Inlet

I Like painting sea scenes, you have probably noticed.........Jack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Inlet.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	143.6 KB 
ID:	91166  
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

I have noticed. I have also noticed how well you render water in your paintings. I am envious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi View Post
    I have noticed. I have also noticed how well you render water in your paintings. I am envious.
    Hello Bobbi,
    Thanks for your reply, since posting this, I thought the middle bit looked like it should have something in it, its a bit blank.... so I have added a ship..... Jack.

Name:	The Inlet 2.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	229.0 KB 
ID:	91183  

Both versions are pleasant to the eye. The first one looking out to the distant sea is one where you can imagine yourself simply thinking about what might be over that far horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi View Post
    Both versions are pleasant to the eye. The first one looking out to the distant sea is one where you can imagine yourself simply thinking about what might be over that far horizon.
    Hello Bobbi,
    Third version, I thought it might look good at night, pirates sneaking out of the inlet by moonlight, my imagination has got the better of me, ... Thanks for looking ...... Jack.

Name:	The Inlet 2  Night.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	386.1 KB 
ID:	91184  

Really nice to begin with the first pic, Jack. And the variations are like I'm looking at this scene in the real world and things are naturally changing. Like storyboard panels in a very rendered out state for a sea-fearing animated tale. Such long shots would be great "Establishing Shots", meaning it gives the audience a context of time and place for whatever then would be the following sequences where we zero in on the characters eating fish n' chips as they count up the boodle.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I love all three versions. I especially love the moon in the night sky.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Really nice to begin with the first pic, Jack. And the variations are like I'm looking at this scene in the real world and things are naturally changing. Like storyboard panels in a very rendered out state for a sea-fearing animated tale. Such long shots would be great "Establishing Shots", meaning it gives the audience a context of time and place for whatever then would be the following sequences where we zero in on the characters eating fish n' chips as they count up the boodle.

Hello D,
    Now you've made me think of doing a picture of the pirates counting out the boodle and eating their fish n' chips, did they have fish and chips in those days though??????? that is the Question?..... Thanks for the reply D, nice to have your " Take " on the scene, makes my imagination stir.......Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMaguire View Post
    I love all three versions. I especially love the moon in the night sky.

MickeyMaguire,
    Hello Mickey, thanks for your reply, I have just seen your crashing wave scene and I though I could mention that here, a very difficult thing to paint in watercolor, me and watercolor don't mix, actually I do like using the gloop pen, because it can be almost transparent, and you get two lines instead of one you can sketch over things several times and get a better chance of correcting any errors without erasing and starting over, have a try with it Mickey, I think you will like it.........thanks for looking...... Jack.

Really, your artwork is impressive!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee