ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: just about done

just about done

I am almost done my first digital image. My next step is to get it into the gallery. Any help would be appreciated:>)

Here's a simple way.

Name:  attach;ments.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  23.6 KB

EDIT: Presuming you have already exported the painting. File/Export Image File.
    Last edited by Enug; 10-23-2016 at 02:20 PM.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Can not get past your directions. I clicked on from computer, went to my artrage paintings, chose the file and nothing happened.Stuck

I just quickly made this video - does it help?

https://youtu.be/x-KRJZ8mnkU
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Still getting nothing, did as your video directed(thank you) chose file from computer, hit upload and nothing. I am using Mac OS Sierra 10.12.1 The file was a ptg(?)My screen turns a grey fog, the drop down on video is also gray. at the upload is gray.I have no idea what more I can do??????

One would think the AR admin troubleshooters would jump in. But since they haven't I'll offer an idea. I've never used the gallery. But when I would post something in the forums, I recall only certain file formats were accepted. And there was a size limit as well (though the web software may compress your file automatically if it's too large a file. You might want to play around with that.

Example: Are you trying to upload an ArtRage file or a .jpeg? I don't think you can upload ArtRage files, but don't hold me to that.

Just to see if that's the issue, you might want to try exporting your painting as a jpeg and uploading a small version of that .jpeg file which you can later delete. Just to see if you can get anything uploaded. If it loads, then file format/size is the problem. And you can thereafter use that feature as described.

Good luck.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Red face

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#1:16.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	91271 I was beginning to wonder if this would load. Your idea about jpeg seemed to work, my original image was from AR painting. What we need is more how to for loading an image here and into the Gallery. Thanks for your help. This is the full size (5x7) have no idea about pixels, not yet, something else to work on. Thanks again. Critiques gladly accepted
    Last edited by DJM; 11-04-2016 at 08:53 AM.

Congratulations on getting it to post finally. A very nice picture. You may find that at this point you can start posting in the Gallery section of the forums where people might be looking for art.

It occurred to me that there are two different Gallery sections that are for different purposes -- the forum part which is open to everyone posting and has that communal vibe to it.

And then there's the Gallery where the artist can show off collections of only their own work, like having your own room to display your work together. This is the one that I've personally never used. But many have who like to show their work together without so much chit-chat in between.

Again, glad you got your uploads working.

As to your painting, it looks great. Very good start to playing around with the features of the program. Looks like you're well on your way.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream