ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: PNG file does not import transparent

PNG file does not import transparent

I'm new to ArtRage and I apologize if this is a dumb question. All the work I want to do in Artrage is with either .psd or .png files but mostly .png. I imported a .png file but in my ArtRage layers palette, it does not appear with a transparent background. My new layers that I add do. I did some painting on new layers and "exported as image" as a .png. Still no transparency.
    To make my long paragraph short, my png files are not importing as transparent images. I read in the ArtRage manual that png files maintain their transparency so I know I'm doing something wrong. Can you help me? :cry:

Nevermind! :-)

Nevermind everyone - I found out how to do it......although I want to tell you what I'm doing cause then someone can tell me if I'm doing it right. I imported a .png file (that has a transparent background) and it originally it didn't import with a transparent background. I had to go to paper settings and click on "cell" to make it have a transparent background. I then was able to export as a .png and save the transparent background.

Is this the correct way?

By the way - I'm using the latest version of ArtRage2.

KariQ

Hi there! When you import a PNG image with transparency, by default it's true that the image will be imported with Artrage's default canvas as the background. From there, you have a couple of options. Either choosing Cel as you did to make the background fully transparent and also remove the texture of this layer for any additional paint strokes you might make, or going to the paper settings and changing the opacity of the paper for that layer to 0% ( transparent ). This will leave the roughness of the canvas for this layer, just make it transparent.

Hope that makes sense!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design