ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: My first experiment : A house in the desert

My first experiment : A house in the desert

Hi there, here is my first real ArtRage experiment, only with oil paint and palette knife.
    I've made the base canvas, please feel free to leave any comment and ideas to complete it
    Technically, it's made with ArtRage full edition, on Linux via wine and with a Wacom Graphire4.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Cool!

Just one little thing:

I would lower the horizon to cross the house in the middle of the white stucco area based on your perspective and also to not have the house lose separation from the horizon line. The placement and the similarity in values make it a little like an optical illusion.

If you choose to lower the horizon it's fixed. And we then also might see a little of the underside of the overhang.

Don't know if you have it on layers or not.

Other than that it's great.

Welcome.

Thanks for your comment!
    I was not convinced by the look when I lowered the horizon, so I've raised it and decided that the roof of the entrance was no more horizontal (but I can change this if it seems unnatural).

I've added some random stuff too, but I'm not sure if I like it or not
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Well, I like it.

Thanks for trying. Hard to guess sometimes. That's the trouble with not having it to look at. It may be just look bad when realized.

I think the detail and variety are nice additions.

Hi BookeldOr,

So interesting to look at all your different versions. nice experiment.