Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ava Jarvis - ArtRage Gallery

Ava Jarvis - ArtRage Gallery

I had an intro here somewhere
    Last edited by Ava Jarvis; 11-28-2016 at 04:54 AM.

Hi ava is that a ham sandwich toasting on the grill i'm rather pickish

will you give me a call when its ready regards mr ploos :d:d:d:d

ciao ivaya con dios hasta la vista slainte if pozdrawski driffs

by don't let him see the sandwich! Ok thanks

Well, you're right, I guess it is pretty ugly and I should be ashamed to have posted it.

Edit - Actually, now that I think about it, I think this is a result of me using pen and ink as a shortcut representation of pieces in the game. The large bit you think is a grill is actually a field piece with little rows hoed into it, and the two pieces on top are flat wooden pieces shaped like idealistic bales of wheat. So misinterpretation by people who aren't familiar with the Agricola family of board games is very possible, especially without color or better shading.

This is a valuable lesson for me to learn. I thank you and apologize that I took it so negatively the first time.
    Last edited by Ava Jarvis; 10-09-2016 at 03:35 PM.

Ava I was only pulling you Leg OK CIAO

Ah ok. ^_^ Thanks for the clarification!

From October 8th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ava Jarvis View Post
    Hi!

I've been messing around with ArtRage but this is the first bit of small finished design work I've done in it. It's for a fan expansion (that I'm currently playtesting) to a board game called Agricola: Family Edition. This is a sample goal card, to see how the symmetry tools work:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	card.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	365.5 KB 
ID:	91002

It's pretty much done using the ink pen. You can see in the corners the cutting guides, and the top of the frame is a bit too high and needs to be corrected down (somehow) if we want to catch all of the burnished art-deco style rolling at the top.

Currently working on portraits. My artist friend has suggested that I try to work from either life or find photo references for people who aren't famous, because almost all famous-people pictures are photoshopped, and sometimes in ways that completely throw me off. They recommend older models in particular, because older faces are more interesting to draw than younger ones, typically.
    Last edited by Ava Jarvis; 10-12-2016 at 08:44 PM.

From October 11th

Quote Originally Posted by Ava Jarvis View Post
    Updated: a quick, dirty, awful sketch of Godfrey Gao as an excuse to try copic markers in ArtRage way too late at night. Never done anything with markers before, is a bit frustrating but I am too new to the media and thus need to practice and be patient.

Attachment 91001

Very rushed because it was late and I needed an art fix and it needed to be one hour.

1. Need to work on facial structure.
    2. Need to work on edges. If it wasn’t so late…
    3. Need to work on copic marker technique.
    4. Need to work on hair.
    5. Need to work on lighting of the face and hair.
    6. Oh gods I skipped the ear.

Copic markers what even. How do they workkkk.

October 12th

Redid Godfrey Gao.

Name:	godfrey-2.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	388.7 KB 
ID:	91018

Before and after.

Name:	godfrey-comparison.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	91019

Markers in the real world are generally not meant to be much more than indicators of what an ad or commercial would look like when done in the actual medium -- film, photo or illustration. It's generally a way to make sure everyone is on the same page as it were. Some are really great and others quick and dirty. But yours could generally fit into that category of what some people aim for. So well done.

Usually the line drawing carries it and the color is to flesh it out to get a better idea of what the final will be like. It's a fast medium for that reason where changing direction doesn't cost that much as they sort out what they want to do. It's a thinking tool. Not so much more, unless the artist wants to turn it into more, of course, and some definitely do.

Good job!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks, D Akey! ^_^ so much more to learn.