Thread: 2 colors

2 colors

can some1 guide me back to the way of using 2 colors on the brush? i suppose that's possible?

Hi Rondo,

For the tools that allow it, such as the Oil Brush, Watercolor, Palette Knife (on Flat or Edge mode), turning off the "Auto Clean" feature will allow for the pickup of residual paint on the canvas. You'll find the option located on the settings panel, if the tool allows for it.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

so?of what i understand is that the colors has to be on the canvas already?i can not,lets say, make a scrap with 2 colors , use my brush to pick up these colors and use the brush on my canvas?

If I remember right, as long as the Auto Clean option is off, it will pick up the color from both the canvas or a scrap.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Name:  loading autoclean multicolor oil brush.jpg
Views: 1753
Size:  89.0 KB

Yup, Scraps are basically designed for this sort of thing. The one thing to bear in mind is that the loading of paint on the brush will affect the stroke - you're still going to get MORE of the current colour - so you might want to overload it with the other colour, or turn down loading.

double post
    Last edited by Rondo; 10-02-2016 at 01:28 PM. Reason: included in following up post

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Name:  loading autoclean multicolor oil brush.jpg
Views: 1753
Size:  89.0 KB

Yup, Scraps are basically designed for this sort of thing. The one thing to bear in mind is that the loading of paint on the brush will affect the stroke - you're still going to get MORE of the current colour - so you might want to overload it with the other colour, or turn down loading.
    Rondo
    but what if i need more then 1 stroke? lets say i want to paint leaves with two shades of green? how do i do that? do i have to make many two color spots?I mean......ones you have run your brush through the colors? you can't do it again right? or??????

If Autoclean is off, then your brush will retain the multiple colours for awhile, so you can make more than one stroke (how may just depends on your brush settings and how you draw).

You can click the 'back' arrow on the scraps to undo the stroke and remix it as often as needed. You only really need to add the NEW colour, that isn't on the brush already.

You can also make a few leaves and then turn them into a sticker spray instead.

E.g.

https://ambient-design.tumblr.com/po...r-sheet-part-1
    https://ambient-design.tumblr.com/po...r-spray-part-2

It seems that the destruction of my lungs affect also my brain;(using this program far a while now and these obvious things seems to escape me;( thx for the info.