Hi! So, I think I read somewhere that you can use the oil brush as a blending tool for paint that is already on the canvas if you simply turn the loading down to 0%. I find that this works only part of the time, unfortunately, and I don't know if it's a bug, or just not very well implemented. If I just dab the unloaded brush onto a bit of color that is on the canvas, I can see the bristles leaving speckles in other nearby colors but I'm not sure how it's deciding which colors to apply. Other times, I dab the brush and nothing happens even after repeated dabbings. I have auto-clean set to ON, but I've noticed that turning it off doesn't seem to make any difference when the loading is set to 0%. Sometimes I can put my stylus down, apply a bit of pressure and move it around on the canvas and mix colors together while leaving nice bristle trails, but, often times when pick up the brush and move to an adjacent area and then repeat the process, nothing happens again. It seems to work on a random basis. Why is that?

I really enjoy ArtRage, but I wish it had more flexible options for blending paint. The palette knife is my usual go-to tool for blending and mixing on the canvas, but the hard edge shapes it leaves behind are very limiting. The stippled effect I get with the "wet" variant of the knife is interesting, but tends to blur a bit too much too quickly. I think what I'm looking for is something like a sponge tool, or maybe crumpled tissue paper, if that makes sense? I think the oil brush at 0% loading would produce results closer to what I'm looking for if it was only a bit more consistent.

Thanks!