Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
Cleavage, good to learn about it and what a funny finesse to connect the words separation with the breasts ones!
In Italian some concept may be expressed by either two close words or two words combined into ones (two substantives, a substantibe, a verb and a substantive etc.) but we don't form kilometric words as Germans, since we usually have pregnant Latin or Greek words to express such complex concepts.
BTW has cleavage also an extended meaning which has something to do with the so called caesura?
That's a pregnant Latin question Caesar. I looked up 'Caesura' (apparently made its way into English) and it makes me wonder if it has any relation to Cesarean Birth in which they do an incision to a woman's belly to deliver a baby. I know it's spelled differently but it's close. . . and it is a sort of break or separation, which from my quick Google search it's supposed to mean. But cleavage definitely has to do with cleaving or to cleave. Or if it doesn't, it would give me a moment's caesura. In fact I would go so far as to say that Caesura is closer to Caesar than to Cesarean. So how is it connected to Caesar (the emperor I assume)? What a tumble of linguistics! I blame the Greeks. . . since they're not here.