Thread: tracing using a stencil circle - video demo of this?

tracing using a stencil circle - video demo of this?

Hi! I have had ArtRage for awhile, but just can't seem to catch on how to trace using the circle stencil in ruler mode. When I attempt to use it I am not coming up tight against the curve, my ink pen will disappear partially because all I am achieving is hand-tracing as close to the stencil as possible... hope that makes sense!

I have not been able to locate a video, if that would be helpful, or maybe I am just missing a setting?

Thank you in advance....

Hello again Riuniti
    AR’s Stencils actually behave a little differently than a real world ruler would when in Ruler or Guide modes, in that you actually need to be drawing on the “ruler” itself near the edge you wish the line to be constrained too.
    In Ruler mode no paint is allowed under the stencil.
    In Guide mode the edge of the stencil is used to determine the centre line of your brush stroke and allows therefore the natural width of the brush head to paint under the stencil.
    I just put a quick demo of the above behaviour on YouTube, hope it helps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVbSxBEsp9A
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

So I have to double the width of my "finished line" I intend to draw - this is mind-blowing! I will give this a try later when I am at my home setup. Thank you markw!

I had a chance to experiment yesterday with getting the sweet spot on the line widths, but worked like a charm! I don't think in a million years I would have realized that! I am so excited and busy to plug forward that its hard to find the patience to sort it all out along the way, but in the end is worth it. Thank you!