Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Duplicate This if You Can

You got it!!!!! Now, have some fun experimenting. By the way, quit using your age as an excuse. You have more capability then you want to admit. I am not too far behind you and I have figured out that learning is not just for the young. Our brains were meant to continue learning.
    Last edited by Bobbi; 09-02-2016 at 05:37 AM.

: well Bobbi as you get older I find it helps

to play it up when in the big toown with my silver hair flowing and hobblin with

walking stick it does work sometimes but not allways ok but thanks

again Bobbi for all the trouble ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

Can you use stencils and fill them in with a gradient

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi View Post
    It looks like you chose Stencils instead of the gradients. Now, don't go "jumping" to conclusions. I am going to try to do some screenshots to show you what I am trying to explain about gradients.)
    Hi Bobbi, I was playing around with stencils to design a new tattoo for myself. Over the last few years I've used ArtRage mainly for free hand pen drawings and sometimes coloring them with any tool that's appropriate, including gradients. But for this purpose I started to dig a bit deeper into stencils.
    Using stencils with tools like paintbrush does exactly what I expect. But the gradient tool doesn't seem to work. As in: the stencil doesn't restrict it to that area. I tried to see if I could use the freehand selection tool to use the stencil. no success

I found a workaround: use stencil, fill it with solid color, use magic want selection tool, then use gradient.
    It works nicely. But I tried to search for an easier answer, and stumbled upon your thread (nice use of the gradient btw!)

maybe you have experience with this.

thanks in advance.
    George, Amsterdam

Bobbi: Admiro tus obras ...
    Realmente, te felicito.

Bobbi: I admire your work ...
    Really, I congratulate you.
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Beautiful Images!
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

Quote Originally Posted by George Struijker Boudier View Post
    Hi Bobbi, I was playing around with stencils to design a new tattoo for myself. Over the last few years I've used ArtRage mainly for free hand pen drawings and sometimes coloring them with any tool that's appropriate, including gradients. But for this purpose I started to dig a bit deeper into stencils.
    Using stencils with tools like paintbrush does exactly what I expect. But the gradient tool doesn't seem to work. As in: the stencil doesn't restrict it to that area. I tried to see if I could use the freehand selection tool to use the stencil. no success

I found a workaround: use stencil, fill it with solid color, use magic want selection tool, then use gradient.
    It works nicely. But I tried to search for an easier answer, and stumbled upon your thread (nice use of the gradient btw!)

thanks in advance.
    George, Amsterdam
    George, I have worked with stencils with what I think you may find useful. With the stencil you want to use, try inverting the stencil, filling it with a solid color. Hide the stencil and go "Edit" tab and find the "select layer contents". That should select the design from the stencil. That should make the design isolated. Go to the gradient tool and choose one and then fill your design. That might be a bit easier then the magic wand. If nothing else, it is another way to do the job.
    Bobbi

Hello Bobbi as you Can see I've passed Grade 3 C stream will it be ok to go

to Grade 2 C Stream Now PLEASE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bobbi  for You      A  traffic  Jam   OK.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	91311  

By all means dear sir. Go to the head of the class.

Corr thanks. Bobbi. I've never been head of a class I've. Alway been stood in the corner

. CIAO. IVAYA CON. DIOS. SLAINTE

Quote Originally Posted by George Struijker Boudier View Post

thanks in advance.
    George, Amsterdam
    I made a video in an attempt to answer this post - I posted it in Tips and Tricks for future ref. Here is a link to the video - https://youtu.be/CwOC5EqHlCs
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]