Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Duplicate This if You Can

Duplicate This if You Can

Here is a challenge. See if you can come close to duplicating this effect.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Duplicate it if you Can.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	249.0 KB 
ID:	90557  

Way out of my Range Bobbi and Tec; Knowledge But Thanks for Showing CIAO

IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

Actually, it is not really out of anyone's range. Just playing around with the gradient tool will surprise you with what comes out of simply experimenting with it. Give it a try.

Open the gradient tool, set the blend mode to "different", then just choose one of the gradients and then choose the gradient type. Click on the canvas, move the cursor and click again and again, see what appears.

Name:	On and On.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	160.0 KB 
ID:	90564  
    Last edited by Bobbi; 08-29-2016 at 04:44 AM. Reason: add painting

Bobbi Thanks for the info but where am I likely to find the Gradient tool

Eighty, look at the Art Rage canvas. You should see the tool palette in the lower left hand corner of the screen. There is a "bucket" or you might call it a pail. Click on that. That is the gradient tool. When that opens, (There are three tabs) click on the middle tab. That is the gradient tab. Look at the window just below the Opacity control. To the right of that is a small block with lines. Tap on that and it will open a selection of gradients. Select one.

Next, look at the gradient type. select one. Also, look at the bar just below the gradient tab at the top. It should say "Blend Mode: Click on the arrow and select "Difference".

From there, just click on the canvas with your mouse, if that is what you are using. You should see a gradient pattern. Move the cursor anywhere and click again. Move the cursor again and click again. Should be interesting.

Do not get impatient, simply experiment. You may be pleasantly surprised with what you find.

If you wish, I have a You Tube video that may help further. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePz6LsGjRHg

Hi Bobbi are U on ARTAGE 4.5.10 ? as seems different to mine

ok I got onto the Gradientl tool ok click to Difference yes picked the type from set of 5 yes

and that was my lot as nothing would move on clicking

ok U can see from Pic; a group of what looks roof tiles they were a red colour but

on posting they've gone white ok if u hear that somebody has jumped

off Beachy head not to worry as it will B I CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS BOBBI

Name:	Untitled    Bobbi   a.png 
Views:	194 
Size:	420.8 KB 
ID:	90579  

It looks like you chose Stencils instead of the gradients. Now, don't go "jumping" to conclusions. I am going to try to do some screenshots to show you what I am trying to explain about gradients. Hope you will be patient.

Thanks. Bobbi. At my age you have to be patient. Good luck and thanks will be watching as I would
    Like. To do as you have shown Ok. CIAO. IVAYA CON. DIOS. As they say in Ireland SLAINTE

Eighty, this is for you. Hopefully you can get a better sense of what I do with the gradient tool just for fun. Click on this link: https://youtu.be/0R7Q3CUwcAA

If it helps, enjoy experimenting with the gradient tool.

Hi Bobbi Thanks but no Joy all that happened after the red face saying Sorry

Then had to go to Google to create account which i think i ...... sorry i fell asleep

today have to say sorry as i thought you were a bloke it was only after hearing your dulcet voice

that I relized you were a Bird sorry please escuse moi . OK as you can see i'm slowly getting

the idea but had to get you on the IPad at the same time as on the Wacom that way I could

follow you more closely your 2nd one came out clearer and louder then the first ok but after

getting the golden face l got lost as the pillow effect came out around the head ok but overall

i'm pleased as you got me looking at tutorieals scuse spelling its my age

CIAO BOBBIWITH IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE REGARDS Mr PLOOS

Name:	Bobbi---Avec      Tis   I.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	90600  
    Last edited by eighty+; 09-02-2016 at 03:34 AM.