ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there a new ArtRage version soon?

Question Is there a new ArtRage version soon?

I am a long time ArtRage user. But it seems to me that AR is getting a bit old and limited compared to other graphic software that I use. Clip Studio and Photoshop most, but also Sketchbook Pro... Still ArtRage has a place on my desktop and on my Android tablet and in my heart, of course.

So, when does the new version come? What will be in it?

I am waiting impatiently...
    My Art Blog : Pennstreck
    My Instagram: Instagram

All we can say right now is that we're working on something and we hope to be able to provide information soon
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Still waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    All we can say right now is that we're working on something and we hope to be able to provide information soon
    I guess your answer means it is not a new version coming soon, like this year or so..?

I am a hobbyist but also a freelance graphic designer / illustrator and depend on modern software. ArtRage is quite quickly becoming old... not unusable, but not the one I use more than for fun now a days. It could be so much more, really...

Still waiting.

New Version

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Stahle View Post
    I guess your answer means it is not a new version coming soon, like this year or so..?

I am a hobbyist but also a freelance graphic designer / illustrator and depend on modern software. ArtRage is quite quickly becoming old... not unusable, but not the one I use more than for fun now a days. It could be so much more, really...

Still waiting.
    I was looking in on these forums for that exact reason. Bin thinking for quite a while now that development appears to have stagnated but looking at the products and emphasis on the site I'm guessing they're working to cash in on the hip mobile side more than the 'no future in..' desktop side. Maybe with Windows beginning to get traction in the tablet\convertible(hybrid) market there may be more incentive to build on the desktop version. I'm banging out this message from a Surfacebook with Corel Draw, Painter (last 3 versions), Art Rage etc. installed. Art Rage is still my go-to for quick and easy sketches and paintings but I would feel more secure in the platform if they gave it some attention every once in a while. When is sits fallow for too long its an open invitation for other products to tempt you away. This must be what its like to own a MacBook pro and see all the hardware and OS efforts of Apple go towards the iPad and iOS.

We're currently actively working on the desktop version (and have been for some time now) and hope to be able to talk more about it soon, we just don't like announcing too early because it tends to lead to premature excitement. We'd rather the excitement happen when the product is just about ready to go!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    We're currently actively working on the desktop version (and have been for some time now) and hope to be able to talk more about it soon, we just don't like announcing too early because it tends to lead to premature excitement. We'd rather the excitement happen when the product is just about ready to go!
    Good 4 U Don't rush it, when U R ready do it and not until then. For those that can't wait,patience is a virtue, he who waits longest get the most :>)

Happy to hear that!

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    This is good to hear! I am really looking forward for that announcement...sooner or later...

Henry, when I see your wonderful work and paintings by other ArtRage artists, I realise itís not the lack of new features holding me back!

It's human nature, and not to stand in the way of progress, but there does seem to be a constant need for excitement of the new and novelty in our digital age.
    Good planets are hard to find - help look after ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Henry, when I see your wonderful work and paintings by other ArtRage artists, I realise itís not the lack of new features holding me back!

It's human nature, and not to stand in the way of progress, but there does seem to be a constant need for excitement of the new and novelty in our digital age.
    I went looking for Henry's work but got nothing when I clicked on his view images. I will do a search,you have my curiosity up. I do like to see members work.

Some members don't post images in the gallery. The gallery is closing soon anyway. Often members post links to their blogs or sites where their art can be viewed under their sig. You will see Henry's at his blog - Penn och Pensel. Just click on the link under his sig.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/