ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Help with .PTG between Touch & Android Versions

Help with .PTG between Touch & Android Versions

I have the Artrage Touch version and my brother has the Android version. We would like to collaborate on some drawings so I saved out my file to the standard .PTG but he's saying that his version won't let him open it.

The website says that .PTG should be usable between all versions and I did notice the post about the canvas size issues... however, my canvas size is only 1024x738, which is smaller than the suggested size from that post.

Has anyone run into this issue? Are there any workarounds? (Currently we are going to try to just send .JPEGs back and forth, without the use of layers.) Should I try to upgrade to another version of Artrage since I have a Surface Pro I can get a desktop version, if need be.

If anyone has any tips, tricks, or suggestions... they would be greatly appreciated!

You should not be having trouble opening the PTG in any version. Can you:

1) check YOU can open that file again
    2) try sending him a different file (from Touch and possibly from the free AR4 demo: www.artrage.com/demos)
    3) find out from him what edition he's using and what error message he is getting
    4) email us the file

You could just go buy Lite or ArtRage 4, of course, but it's possible the problem is at his end, not yours. And if this is a Touch issue, we definitely want to know about that
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Thanks so much for your help. It seems he's figured it out now and hasn't received the error message again.

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    You should not be having trouble opening the PTG in any version. Can you:

1) check YOU can open that file again
    2) try sending him a different file (from Touch and possibly from the free AR4 demo: www.artrage.com/demos)
    3) find out from him what edition he's using and what error message he is getting
    4) email us the file

You could just go buy Lite or ArtRage 4, of course, but it's possible the problem is at his end, not yours. And if this is a Touch issue, we definitely want to know about that

Oh good, glad to hear it!
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!