Thread: Down by the Duckpond

Down by the Duckpond

Olde England, about two hundred years ago, Hope you like OLD pictures.......Jack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Down by the Duckpond.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	231.6 KB 
ID:	90419  
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

Very fun. Love the massive toadstool. Gives the town a sort of Mother Goose fantasy feel. But calling it "The Goose Pond" would present a different feel, so to speak. So "The Duck Pond" is probably less ribald.

I see the ducks in the way back flying, but I'll wait for the ducks to land and swim about waiting for a crust of bread and whatnot. But I'm expecting a story, as if this were the establishing shot to set the stage for it to play out. Nice clean job, Jack.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hello D, nice to see your name come up, yes I realised that I hadn't put any ducks in the pond or even around it, so they must have gone off to brood or breed or whatever ducks do when they go missing from their pond.... The giant toadstools used be made of stone and the gentry would put their saddles on them so they didn't have to put them down on wet or muddy ground after horse riding or foxhunting... Not many around these days, consigned to history now but still to be seen around old manor houses and larger old farmhouses, perhaps was an English thing????...Thanks for looking in D and for replying.....Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

Admiro mucho tu técnica, tus texturas, ... y tu paciencia para lograr estas maravillas...!

I admire your technique, your textures ... and patience to achieve these marvels ...!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Quaint and charming!

You always capture such a feel for these villages,