Thread: Marimba Mountains

Marimba Mountains

Listening to some Latin Jazz so guess I made off with that mood for this. I also am trying something new I resized in in Photoshop and sectioned into thirds with some overlap since my printer will only print
    a 17" x25" paper. I plan on gluing it to a carry sheet and then using some Acrylic Gel Medium I will mount it onto a 24" x 36" canvas, and then coat it with more Gel Medium Glossy.. I am hoping from a distance you will
    not be able to tell it is made of 3 sections. I will post a photo of it when its done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marimba Mountains.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	483.5 KB 
ID:	90300  

The textures and shapes are amazing Gary. I'm sure it will look beautiful when you have it printed. Looking forward to seeing a photo.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Good one! I kind of get 'Sea Cruise to Mexico'. Very festive.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

WOW Gary, really love this one, the texture is beautiful as the design and colors, cant wait to see the photo when you finish

This is one of Your typical palette, a delightful one indeed providing a very god feeling and mood. I also love Your graphological inserts, very elegant and musical in a way. Your art re-introduce beaty, well-being and harmony into art definition which is today practically everything, thus the most undefined and understandable abstract concept by either the reason and our senses, the five ones and the additional ones perceiving qualities as aesthetic, spiritual, catartic, uplifting, harmonic, sounding, dramatic, passionate etc. ....
    Thank You! A "beautiful" art by a certainly beautiful person. Beautiful in the overall sense of bello, and we actually use still define "belle arti" all those artistic disciplines (painting, sculpture, architecture etc.) which makes furtherly beautiful to live our life and scope.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    The textures and shapes are amazing Gary. I'm sure it will look beautiful when you have it printed. Looking forward to seeing a photo.
    Thanks June I will post the painting next week, I ordered a metal frame for it from Dick Blick art supplies and it will be here next Friday ( 8/5/2016) I have it glued down to a canvas and painted some UV Gloss Medium over it in two coats so it is finishing drying now.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Good one! I kind of get 'Sea Cruise to Mexico'. Very festive.

I like the Sea Cruise to Mexico, the background of blues and greens was a quasi seascape but I did not include that in the title but left it as a suggestive hint to palm trees warm oceans and marimba steel drum music.

Quote Originally Posted by pat1940 View Post
    WOW Gary, really love this one, the texture is beautiful as the design and colors, cant wait to see the photo when you finish
    Thanks Pat so glad you like the texture and colors in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    This is one of Your typical palette, a delightful one indeed providing a very god feeling and mood. I also love Your graphological inserts, very elegant and musical in a way. Your art re-introduce beaty, well-being and harmony into art definition which is today practically everything, thus the most undefined and understandable abstract concept by either the reason and our senses, the five ones and the additional ones perceiving qualities as aesthetic, spiritual, catartic, uplifting, harmonic, sounding, dramatic, passionate etc. ....
    Thank You! A "beautiful" art by a certainly beautiful person. Beautiful in the overall sense of bello, and we actually use still define "belle arti" all those artistic disciplines (painting, sculpture, architecture etc.) which makes furtherly beautiful to live our life and scope.
    Wow what can I say, your comment certainly touches me deeply and echos my deepest intention as an artist, to give voice to all the beauty in our lives if we but stop and listen and observe in the sense that Krishnamurti taught for so many years.

Another spetacular painting
    Visit my website here

Quote Originally Posted by sabena View Post
    Another spetacular painting
    Thanks a lot Sabena, always nice to hear from you! glad you like this one.

Hi Gary I crept into your pool when U were looking the otherway and

splashed around in the lovely Colours hope I didn't make a Mess

IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE