Thread: numeric Color Picker?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

numeric Color Picker?

Hi! I'm creating grayscale maps and would prefer to use numerics for picking colors (tones in this case). The Color Picker panel only has a visual interface (that I can see). Q: Is there a hidden panel or menu where I can put in my colors by either % or Hex # or other? I'm using AR Lite, and that's what I'm looking for. THANKS!

Based on the Comparison chart (Found here: https://www.artrage.com/artrage-lite/features/), it doesn't seem that the Lite version of ArtRage has the "Precise Color Picker" option that the full versions have, which would allow you to choose colors based on numeric values.

As a workaround, you could create the colors in another program, make dabs of those colors on an image and then import that image into ArtRage Lite, where you could select them with the color sampler tool. I should note, however, that the 3D light rendering system may affect the color being picked up. I'm unaware of whether that can be turned off in Lite.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thanks, Someonesane! Looks like you're right about the Lite vs. Full versions. Until I switch to Full, I guess just pulling the Color Picker circle all the way down and to right will give me a 100% Black. Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by eHaraldo View Post
    Until I switch to Full, I guess just pulling the Color Picker circle all the way down and to right will give me a 100% Black. Make sense?
    As long as it get pulled all the way to the edge, it should, yes.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

"As long as it get pulled all the way to the edge, it should, yes."

Thanks! Unless someone has something more to add, I'll proceed along this track.