Thread: Multiple pens retaining settings

Question Multiple pens retaining settings

I used to use art-rage on a mac with a 2lux Cintig. I was sure that when switching from my 6D art pen to the regular stylus, that each pen would "remember" what tool/color it was last set to. Now that his on q Companion 2I I have 3 pens (all different types) and AR thinks they are the same

Is this no longer d feature? or am I missing a setting?

almost!

update:

while spending most of my night trying to get my tablet tweaked for artrage I think I've stumbled on the answer. Wintab VS Windows Ink. in efforts to get touch tweaked on this unit i found its a case of "get one, lose the other" multi pen support exists in the wintab approach. yet total loss of touch. turn on 'ink" & get touch back, but no recognition of individual pens. hard time getting everything working. you would think they have this figured out.

Wacom's 'Windows Ink' setting causes the tablet to send data in Microsoft's Realtime Stylus format. Unfortunately, Microsoft haven't implemented Stylus ID in RTS (if I remember correctly there's a partial implementation but it does not appear to have been completed). This means that you can't get Stylus ID data from your Cintiq when running with Windows Ink turned on. On top of that, the older Wintab standard doesn't support touch events fully so neither of the two systems are ideal.

that confirms what i found

That confirms what i found in my testing

https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...iq-Companion-2

if its a six of one, half dozen of the other situation, what are you plans? is there any way to improve Wintab performance? or are we waiting to see what Microsoft does with the aniversary update?

At the moment there's nothing we can do. We're waiting for the developers of the third party APIs to add functionality. I would say that it's highly unlikely that Wintab will get improvements at this point, Wacom's tablets are now providing RTS data and it does seem to be the standard going forward. So until Microsoft implement stylus ID in RTS (or a workaround is found, we're keeping an eye out) it's either one or the other.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...oming-features

Looks like "Ink" is getting a bit of a tune up? do you already have an idea of what these are yet or are you waiting for the release?

as a sidenote... can you get all of the functionality im testing for on mac osx? If so i may consider dual booting

It doesn't look like there is any reference to stylus ID in there. We've not heard anything about Windows RTS supporting stylus ID but if it happens we will look at implementing support. I believe that the single standard input model in Mac OS X supports stylus ID as well as multitouch, but I don't have a Cintiq handy for testing at the moment.

aniversary update is here!

has anyone there reassessed this issue now that windows has revamped windows ink?