Thread: Gamla Stan2

Gamla Stan2

Another Gamla Stan, had to import the bottom sign as I could not make it out when painting it, quite a challenge on the eyes lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gamla Stan2.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	315.6 KB 
ID:	90306  

Hey, the blurry signage works for me very nicely and rather fits with the style and palette with those values. The difficulty for me reading any of it is that I don't speak that language so you could be using hieroglyphics to get the same tourist effect from me.

Lovely. I feel like I've been walking and would like to stop for a coffee and to watch the passers by. I'm on vacation with this one. Remember that book "Europe on $6 Dollars a Day"? You beat their price! You should advertise Pat's Travel Agency. Meals not included.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

You certainly found a mine of pleasant old building architectures in that place.
    Only the nordic font and language would suggest it's a Scandinavian place, so marvellously warm You rendered the scene!
    Alas we cannot hear the sounds of what the signs say, otherwise I guess we would appreciate fast and short words with various types of pops and guttural emissions which sometimes seem to recall some language we know ... LOL
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

This one is even better.. I know this place well,I have been there a few times. . The prices are crazy there, but it's worth it ,because of the beauty of the place and surrounding.. Again, very well done!!! :-)

Thank you DAkey, Caesar and Danny for your kind comments, always appreciated

Attachment 90437 Been there today... :-)

Text on the sign= Bakad potatis ...Hemgjord skagenröra. ...hemgjorda pajer med (with)sallad Hemgjord means "Home made"...skagenröra is a mix of mayonnaise, prawns and dill... pajer =pie potatis=potato :-)
    Last edited by danny72; 08-07-2016 at 07:33 AM.

Wonderful!

As always, charming,lovely and well painted!