Thread: iPad script file

iPad script file

Hi,
    I am not sure what to do with the iPad script files. What are my options? Can I export them as a video, or can I export them to my PC and load them into the desktop, play them back and record them as video that way?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers!

Hello soapmaker3r
    The script files are just instructions for ArtRage to follow, telling it what paint to put where etc… and can only be run in ArtRage.
    So as you already surmised, to get a “normal” video of the painting being made you will need to play the script back in your desktop version of ArtRage whilst using some form of screen capture software to record the playback from your computer's screen.
    Macs have a screen recording capability built in, via Quicktime Player. I don’t know if Windows has something similar?
    But a look on the internet will throw up a host of other third party recording apps out there from free to paid to choose from.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Hello soapmaker3r
    The script files are just instructions for ArtRage to follow, telling it what paint to put where etc… and can only be run in ArtRage.
    So as you already surmised, to get a “normal” video of the painting being made you will need to play the script back in your desktop version of ArtRage whilst using some form of screen capture software to record the playback from your computer's screen.
    Macs have a screen recording capability built in, via Quicktime Player. I don’t know if Windows has something similar?
    But a look on the internet will throw up a host of other third party recording apps out there from free to paid to choose from.
    Thank you for the reply!

I have screen recording software that I have used with the desktop version of Artrage 3 and 4. I am just wondering now if there will be any kind of conflict between the iOS scripts and the Windows desktop version of Artrage though? Hopefully they are compatible.

They're completely compatible! The whole point of scripts on the iPad is to give you a way to replay your work on the desktop as needed

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    They're completely compatible! The whole point of scripts on the iPad is to give you a way to replay your work on the desktop as needed
    Excellent! Thank you for the reply!