Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Brick Building

Old Brick Building

Love working with textures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Old Brick Building.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	267.3 KB 
ID:	90179  

Superb! Great colors and brushwork. Glad you picked up on how much the accent colors make to the overall excitement of the sienna. And the variety in the shapes is teriffic, also adding lots of dynamics to the otherwise still image. God is in the details, not the Devil.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Excellent! Is it a place I'm supposed to know?
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thank you DAkey for your very nice comments, so glad you like it
    Hi Caesar, thanks so much for checking it out and your kind comments, it is an old building in Tucson

Now I see!
    It looks very much Mexican or rather Spanish architecture indeed and not so much different from some old (not ancient) building we had (and still have some left somewhere) in Rome two or three centuries ago, apart from the ogival arch we generally don't use here.
    The painting and its mood is "solar", warm thus joyful in a way. Yellows and red earthly colors are delightful,
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

The subtlety of lighting and the quiet mood it sets are breathtaking. Masterfully done.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Now I see!
    It looks very much Mexican or rather Spanish architecture indeed and not so much different from some old (not ancient) building we had (and still have some left somewhere) in Rome two or three centuries ago, apart from the ogival arch we generally don't use here.
    The painting and its mood is "solar", warm thus joyful in a way. Yellows and red earthly colors are delightful,
    Also that circular emblem above the door reminds me of some medieval buildings -- a painted, ceramic "sign" identifying symbolically what the building was for. Reminds me a little of the Ospedale degli Innocenti in Florence -- the symbols above the arches. It's not an exact match obviously, but the principle looks similar -- rather than signs using text. Was a big thing also in the Renaissance. Of course, Pat, your wall is far more interesting visually. Arizona would be more a Spanish influence, I would think. So perhaps they were also using that kind of ceramic sign.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...AGYQpx8IggEwCg
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Really love the colours and the textures! Each stroke really adds to the detail. Love the feel of it all. Great job!

Beautiful!!! I really like old buildings.

Thanks Danny, I just love to paint old buildings as they have so much character and texture to work with