Thread: The Holy Grail

The Holy Grail

Comments are welcome on this new style and about possible meanings.
    I've got some starting ideas thereabout I'll say later on ....
    I hope You like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Holy Graal.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	90171  
    Last edited by Caesar; 07-08-2016 at 02:05 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One the Holy Grail isn't that about a Book wrote by

Monty Python

CIAO STATTE BBUONO Si Si SLAINTE and watch out as POZDRAWSKI grabs

The Spotlights the Bighead mined U he claims its his Polish Blood

A grail colored with water, Caesar? I think you could well switch to wine.

It's a good idea. I personally would consider in doing a picture wherein symmetry is such a natural quality, that you design it with symmetry in mind. I mean that chalice is symmetrical by nature, and could be placed displaying that feature. And sometimes it's not bad to also use symmetry in the background, even though it's organic.

Having said that, since I know you're soccer lovers and there is a cup at the end of the competition, and what with the grail being the legendary thing of elusive pursuit, that your respective teams have returned without it. You might consider recruiting Parcival. He's a young lad of humble background, but he really believes in it. He may be your guy to bring the cup back. He's also said to have a mean kick.

Then again, you can fill my grail with strong black coffee and I'll be happy.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Dear McPloos, I though that since we lost Euro Cup another kind of chalice could console us even better.
    Actually it came instead to my mind the misdemanors and horror produced by the minds (and bodies) of so many terrorists and the absolute, devilish evil who utterly possessed them before the senseless final shows. Poor, miserable idiots, capable to give a purpose to their life by extinguishing life in the name of some mad creed and lack of any true awareness.
    No matter how educated or "civilised" or polite and pious they may look, the 666 beast can grab them. Real intelligence, wisdom, knowledge is often independent from how much human being can learn and earn and culture, in the noblest sense is not the sum of different cultural elements and cannot help us teach new generations or keep away from our devilish side when all our person, i.e. intellect, sentiment, intelligence, mind, feelings, empathetic experiences, doesn't develop as a whole, as a positive whole.
    Anyway I had some fun with watercolors on several layers and its blending mode.
    Thank You!

Dear DAkey. I tried to study how a watercolor style made of colored transparencies and kaleidoscopic lighting effects (some watercolorist use on their works) could be emulated on ArtRage. I decided to keep it mostly abstract, apart from a solid looking cup, both concrete and colorful as well.
    Symmetry could be a good choice, not a perfect one, maybe, but a solution for the main object. I didn't use it from the start anyway, so it ended up so, not a winner, but something to possibly work on, though, to think of some luminous still life in a garden, on a table or next to a window, perhaps. We'll see.
    Thank You!

Caesar, I really like the softness and the colors of this painting, I wish we could abolish all the evil that is spreading like fire, don't know what is ever going to happen in this world but sometimes I think that I am glad to be older 76 and feel so sad for the young people, they are so confused and now we have one idiot and one liar running for president, What Next

Quote Originally Posted by pat1940 View Post
    Caesar, I really like the softness and the colors of this painting, I wish we could abolish all the evil that is spreading like fire, don't know what is ever going to happen in this world but sometimes I think that I am glad to be older 76 and feel so sad for the young people, they are so confused and now we have one idiot and one liar running for president, What Next
    Thank You very much, dear Pat! Glad You like the experiment.

Actually diffusion of shocking news by TV and the net together with a decreasing solidarity, real human relationships and social sentiment contribute and enhance a distorted view of reality and the attempts of too many pwople and youngsters to find a meaning in some ephemeral kingd of distarter, crime, show ... whatever.
    Sort of our effence is not what we are and tend to, but what we appear, Sad, miserable, tragical pretenders and braggarts and the islamist/ terrorist creed provides a worst than nazi foundation to a lot of people in Middle-Central East, East Pacific and all over western towns.
    Many other countries failed to control their territory and criminal organization.
    It seems that civilization, state and a politics have no more appeal since no great vision and devotion is given by leaders while many global, greedy idiots/ liars are destroying wealth, expectations and beliefs of the middle class as well that of the population struggling to live decently and with dignity.
    Still I'm grateful to life and I trust Providence, God's design and intervention in history.
    Too many empires and evil systems from their degradations or ideologies which seemed invincible disappeared unexpectedly, up to the Third Reich as well as U.R.S.S., so we should be confident, patient, proactive and consider that our limit, whatevere the lessons learned on the books, thus theoretically, is that we last less than a century and we are really aware and intelligent for few decades, in the best of the cases.

dear Caesar - I like the possibilities you have shown in this work. This seminal work has the potential to lead you into some magical and mystical experience of transparent color energies that move the viewer with
    their unexpected language ... I sense some excitement and inspiration in this and hope you follow it...

Thank You, dear Gary.
    While You went more and more with materic and textured colors in Your magical masterpieces, I (wisely) preferred to explore the other way, to softly paint with light, something quite hard to me, as stuck as I am to solid objects.
    To go on furtherly and improve i think some kind of still life composition, not ordinary ones maybe, could be the right subject, but I still have to find a good idea ....