Thread: Cathedrals of the Mind

Cathedrals of the Mind

those abstract constructs and seem to coalesce and form structures as thought and colors..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cathedrals of the Mind.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	566.4 KB 
ID:	90126  

Looks like this particular gothic cathedral had some challenges. Mayhaps a look back at the consciousness at the times of the Crusades? Not exactly put together with a peaceful, easy feelin', master builder.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Looks like this particular gothic cathedral had some challenges. Mayhaps a look back at the consciousness at the times of the Crusades? Not exactly put together with a peaceful, easy feelin', master builder.

Hee hee well as cathedrals go this would not stand, actually it looked quite different and more spired and towers at one point but I was not happy with it and suddenly
    went in a more off kilter heavy impasto look which I was more pleased with but did not rename the original image... maybe you could suggest a new name for this fellow ?!!?!?

Well, erasing all connotations from the title out for a moment, I see a figure, a very aggressive street fighting figure brandishing a club as if before an old style gang rumble -- he's got fiery red hair in a sort of stylized crown shape so I'm kinda getting Celtic hooligan at a soccer game from back a few decades when hooligans roamed the Earth.

And with the patchwork nature of this, I'm getting a harlequin style. So combining the most colorful aspects of all that I might suggest the title to be Harlequin Hooligan.

Or not.. . hahah. Anyway if it were mine, I would call it that.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I cannot guess easily how You got this sort of materic, sandy, concrete look on this painting, all without any loss of marvellous colors interactions not affected at all by the textures charm ....
    Panta rei (everything flows)!