Thread: Blue Ridge Mountains NC

Blue Ridge Mountains NC

Did another Blue Ridge, hope you like it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blue Ridge Mountains of NC.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	231.5 KB 
ID:	90069  

YES............................................... ............YES PAT CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE.............. and POZDRAWSKI as WELL

I love the way you mix and apply colours Pat.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Oh wow! This feels like a visual representation of a sound or peal carrying over the land. There's a tonal quality to such sounds, and if I were doing a movie about nature the superimposed sound would be the cry of an indigenous, majestic bird, or a shamanic flute. I love the colors and your use of the saturation, as well as the horizontal striations as a featured component of this painting.

One of my flights of fancy for this one is that there is a mirroring of solidity between the earth and sky, as if one was picking up subtleties and characteristics that many would not normally associate with the elements. It seems to feature a comparison between the elements, perhaps pushing thoughts toward a unification or sorts. That's the implication for me on this. Like looking at a cross cut and polished stone that infers a landscape.

Very rich and inviting. The subject holds strong even with all that interpretive activity that is going on inside my head as I view this. It feels very like a poem to me owing to the rhythmic character I'm getting here.

Go Pat!

Last edited by D Akey; 06-25-2016 at 06:35 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

This is beautiful!

I had to enlarge the picture just to more fully enjoy it. Lovely colors! Lovely scene! I have spent a lot of time in the Blue Ridge and enjoyed many rides on the Parkway.

So Fantastic!

Wow Pat from somewhere this marvelous painting sprang into existence, all your hard work has paid off in this work. the colors and
    brushwork are very lyrical and moving as our friend D Akey has so well expressed.... really a stunning work Pat !

Thank you all so much for such wonderful comments, you all give me the confidence in myself to keep painting as it is something I love to do enjoy all our conversations with my AR friends

An extraordinary play of cold hues and warm lighting. APPLAUSE!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thank you so much dear Caesar for all your kind words, so very glad you like it